Sponsored: April 2009 Sock CAL Photo Showcase

This thread is for participants of the April 2009 Sock CAL sponsored by Sheri of The Loopy Ewe to show off their finished socks.

Please share photos of your finished socks with us! We encourage you to post as many photos as you like of your pair of socks as well as close-up photos of any interesting details on your socks. The more photos the better!

New Way to Post Photos:

We have a new way to upload photos directly to your post here at Crochetville. Check out Donna's easy tutorial to learn how. Please use this method to post all photos in this thread. Thanks!

Information to Include in Your Post:

• Yarn you used with as much information as possible including brand, color, fiber, yardage, weight, etc. Please remember to include a link back to that yarn's page on The Loopy Ewe website.
  • Hook size used
  • Any other useful information
  • If you have posted your project in Crochetville Show-and-Tell, please post a link to your thread in Show-and-Tell

Reminder: This thread is a photo showcase and thus is for posting photos only. To keep it uncluttered, please refrain from posting comments in this thread.

If you have comments about someone's finished socks or about the CAL/KAL in general, please post those comments in the April 2009 Sock CAL discussion thread.

Here are my socks from the CAL. The yarn is Sheepaints Silk Bamboo in Chocolate Strawberry (60% wool, 20% silk, 20% natural bamboo). I used a size B hook.

I decided to use the Four-Leaf Toe-ver Sock pattern. Even though this skein contained 459 yards, I ran out of yarn. I didn't have enough to do the clover-like trim on the cuffs. I also had to make the socks a few rounds shorter than I planned in order to have enough yarn to finish them. But it's okay--they still fit just fine!

The first photo was taken on a different day than the other two photos, so the different lighting conditions make the colors look a bit different.

Here is one complete sock:

IMG_2789b.jpg

Here are both socks together:

IMG_2793.jpg

Here is a closeup of the heel:

IMG_2792.jpg

I finished 2 pairs of socks and sent them to my girl friend that had surgery 4 weeks ago and spent the last 2 weeks plus in the hospital.. I asked her what I could do for her and she said just send me a pair of the socks you are making... Here are the ones I sent her..

post-23595-135897400576_thumb.jpeg

post-23595-13589740058_thumb.jpeg

I used the Fixation Cascade Yarns for both pairs used the Intuitive Shell Socks for the purple pair, the pink pair I used the style and did a V stitch... I love that pattern...I also made a small pair for my girl friends grand daughter as she loved granny's sock and wanted some... I forgot to take a pic before shipping them out... Molly

Yeah

:cheer :cheer

I have just completed my first ever socks.

Coming from Queensland Australia, the need for long socks is non existant.

:think

So ankle sock it is.

PATTERN is THE BASIC SOCK.

Lucky the measurements in the instructions fit me perfectly.

I used a SIZE 3.5 hook.

Thread, YP Seaside - Merino/Tencel - Yarn Pirate and i seem to have a lot left over.

:yes

Thank-you to the sock cal, or i probably would never have tried my hand at attempting socks.

:yay

post-18580-135897401748_thumb.jpg

post-18580-135897401752_thumb.jpg

post-18580-135897401755_thumb.jpg

Here are mine. :)

I used the Schoppel Wolle, colorway: Cranberries, and the Intuitive Shell Sock pattern, with my own modifications on the heel and toe.

Great yarn, and highly enjoyable pattern also. :)

post-3086-135897403658_thumb.jpg

FINALLY!!!! Here are my socks!!!! I love them! :clap:clap:clap They are my favorite socks ever!!

post-26207-13589740578_thumb.jpg

post-26207-135897405786_thumb.jpg

I am so glad I got to do this CAL!! Thanks to Crochetville AND the Loopy Ewe!!!

I used AR Multi Bonfire (316) - Araucania, it is 75% wool and 25% polyamide. I loved it, it worked up really good! :D

The pattern I used was a combination of Basic Crochet Sock by Nicole at ******* Socks!!! and Basix Sox by Lindsay at Needles & Pinza (I love her hurricane toe!). I would recommend those patterns to any beginner sock maker like myself. :D

These are mine, I used Crystal Palace's Panda Cotton This is the link to the Panda Cotton on the Loopy Ewe Website. The pattern is the Intuitive Shell Sock with my own modifications, such as hdc on soles and increasing size of heel.

If you have to deal with swelling of feet or slight differences in foot sizes (right and left foot), the Panda Cotton is great as it has elastic in it so it has more give and adjustability. Plus the cotton is a good summer sock. Use the size hook you are most comfortable with.

post-14620-135897406473_thumb.jpg

post-14620-13589740648_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

Well, I'm finally getting around to posting my finished socks. Used the Coats Heart and Sole pattern, but changed the gauge and the edging, and did the heel in linked stitches; yarn is Scarlet Fleece It's Tubular. This photo is not the greatest, and I keep saying I'm going to get my husband to take a better photo since it was hard for me to get a good angle on my own foot, but that hasn't happened yet :lol so am using the photo I have....

post-10356-135897425109_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

I am embarrassingly late posting my photos here. I only managed to finish one sock by the end of the crochet-a-long in May, and wool socks didn't hold my attention in the summer. Since I didn't use a pattern, but a modification of my personal sock "pattern" (which exists only in my head), I had to use the first sock as a model to make the second, since I had long forgotten the details. I did it, though, and I'm proud to show my completed pair, which are very comfy on the feet.

This is made in Smooshy yarn (company is Dreams in Color), and the color is "Good Luck Jade." They call it smooshy, and it is smooshy--very cushy and soft to wear--the nicest socks I've ever made. I used an E hook, and I think this yarn was a little thicker than other sock yarns I've used, but that's because it smooshes.

These socks feature cobble stitches, a long ribbed cuff, and my very own heel design (easy and it fits).

I'm so happy to have finally completed the pair so I can wear them. Thanks again, Loopy Ewe, for sponsoring the CAL. I'll be in the US again in 2010, and I'm hoping to save up to order again...

By the way, the color is much greener than these pictures show--I just couldn't keep the color from washing out.

post-13065-135897446164_thumb.jpg

post-13065-135897446168_thumb.jpg

post-13065-135897446174_thumb.jpg

post-13065-135897446178_thumb.jpg

• 5 months later...
  • Donna changed the title to Sponsored: April 2009 Sock CAL Photo Showcase
  • Donna locked this topic

Archived