Announcing: Upload Photos to Crochetville

Donna

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oops I hit sent to quick.. Will the hyper links still work? When they link to pictures?

Yes, the links to the pictures will still work (assuming the picture still resides at the URL's location). When an old photo converts just to the link to the picture, we aren't TOTALLY losing the picture.

All we're losing is the ability to see the picture in the actual post. You'll still be able to see the picture if you just click the link to it.

So while we must deal with the inconvenience of needing to click on links to see old pictures, this will quickly (very quickly, at the rate new threads are started around here!) be outweighed by the great advantage of having pictures in new threads permanently available, with no risk of them being lost permanently in the future.

Don't forget---even in the old threads, the pictures don't have to stay as links forever. The original posters of those old threads are welcome to take time as they have it available and edit the posts to change their photo links to attachments so the photos will appear in the threads forever.

My question that I haven't been able to find an answer for is this, does Crochetville have any rights to any of our uploaded pics for their own use or does ALL rights belong soley to the owner of the pic?

The reason I ask this is because on some sites when pics/images are uploaded directly to the site then the sites owners are free to use the pics for their own purposes as long as the pic resides on the site.

Each member retains full copyright to the photos they have posted. By posting on Crochetville, you are simply granting us a limited license to display that material on the Crochetville web site only. This applies to photos the same as it has always applied to the text of the messages you post here. We have to have the right to display them so that members and visitors can read posts and view photos.

I gotta learn something new?!?!?! Oh scarey for me!! LOL, I will have to go through the tutorial...because it took me forever to figure out the photobucket way..lol.. and now that I am doing the comfortghan for my SIL, I will have to learn the new way so everyone can see the pics of the squares I am recieving, whew that I didnt get toooooo many before I have to learn this..lol..okay JoBug, grab your coffee, a english muffin and get learin' :think

Yes I am a computor junkie, but not so much at knowing what I am doing :lol

Each member retains full copyright to the photos they have posted. By posting on Crochetville, you are simply granting us a limited license to display that material on the Crochetville web site only. This applies to photos the same as it has always applied to the text of the messages you post here. We have to have the right to display them so that members and visitors can read posts and view photos.

Thank you :)

I promise, the new way is much easier than using Photobucket! :yes

Thank s Donna, I will get it, I will PROVE you can teach an old dog new tricks...:lol

I am liking this. I think once the "bugs" are worked out we will really, really appreciate the change!

Thanks girls!

Glad you like it! What are the bugs? I know we've been discussing the 4MB upload limit in Board Help, but is there anything else?

Thank you Donna, I was wondering if there was a size limit. Maybe alwayscrafting "Bug" is that there are no instructions for what to do after you browse for your picture. A note to hit the "upload" button may help others. This service you all have added is AWESOME!!! The ease of posting the pictures direct to the 'ville is great. Thank you again for all your work.

:mug:cat:yarn

Maybe alwayscrafting "Bug" is that there are no instructions for what to do after you browse for your picture. A note to hit the "upload" button may help others.

Step #4 under How to Upload Attachments in the tutorial already says to click the Upload button.

4. Click the Upload button and wait until the file has uploaded. During upload, your photo will automatically be resized and a thumbnail will be automatically created.

This service you all have added is AWESOME!!! The ease of posting the pictures direct to the 'ville is great.
Thank you! :manyheart

I love the you are offering your own photo hosting for posting here. I didn't see this mentioned but are you going to remove the picture size at the bottom of each photo. It kinda detracts from photo when the size is displayed. Also do all posts like in the patterns links area have to post a photo of the item now on Crochetville? If so I think that is a wonderful idea so a person can see the item here on the 'ville rather than having to go to someone's blog just to see the project.

I love the you are offering your own photo hosting for posting here. I didn't see this mentioned but are you going to remove the picture size at the bottom of each photo. It kinda detracts from photo when the size is displayed. Also do all posts like in the patterns links area have to post a photo of the item now on Crochetville? If so I think that is a wonderful idea so a person can see the item here on the 'ville rather than having to go to someone's blog just to see the project.

The forum software automatically displays the picture size at the bottom of each photo. I can't remember if Donna has investigated whether it's possible to remove that or not. She'll have to give an answer to that question.

When you see the picture size listed, that means the forum is showing you a thumbnail (reduced size) version of the picture. If you click on the photo, a new window will open on your screen, showing the picture at actual size.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived