Granny stitch bookmarks

I appear to be on a bookmark bender these days....

I rediscovered a pattern for granny stitch bookmarks, and, having some brightly colored size five threads and a C hook on hand, I decided to whip up a couple. Here are the first two; I've got more colors stashed away, thanks to a thrift store bargain bag :hook. So many color possibilities...

3477772759_8e72b11848.jpg?v=0

and

3478580580_a01c364c9e.jpg?v=0

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Great looking bookmarkers :yay....I have some left over thread I might "borrow" the pattern and work on a couple of these between projects :D

• 2 months later...

Thanks for the pattern- Great ideas for Senior Holiday Bazaar.

Could you please tell me the brand of size 5 thread you used. I have only seen size 3, 10 and 20.

Barbara

Thanks for the pattern- Great ideas for Senior Holiday Bazaar.

Could you please tell me the brand of size 5 thread you used. I have only seen size 3, 10 and 20.

Barbara

Honestly, I'm not sure--mostly, I've found this stuff in thrift stores and estate sales.

Very pretty! Someone asked about size 5 thread. I thought I had seen it and maybe bought it at a Walmart near us (we have about 5 within 20 minutes of us). But you can also buy it online from lots of places like Herrschner's or Mary Maxim or out of their catalogs. Do a google search on "crochet thread/size 5".

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived