Where do you go first when you visit Crochetville?

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

As a newbie, I tend to think it is all interesting, so I tend to just start at the top and work my way down. I have actually learned quite a bit about crocheting this way, since I look at things I may not even be interested in (like thread crochet). I have a feeling when I am more experienced, I will switch to the "new posts" method. :D

Hmmm...usually I'll start at the clothing Show 'n Tell. My favorite sections are Other Crochet Topics, Thread Crochet, and Crochet Websites. I'll admit I never (or very rarely visit ones I'm not really interested in) such as fulling.

I never log out, as I'm here at least five times a day. :D

Hey I am like you Rachel!!! I never logout and the thread I don't check is fulling cause I don't get pure wool in my part of the world!!!

I love checking out the Show and tell first !! and then work my way around the forum!!

hugs

Vims:D

• 2 weeks later...

I usually click on New Posts first and see what everyone is talking about right now, then I check my PM's if I have any and then I go to patterns to see if anyone has created anything new that I might want to make!

My preference is to see and read everything, but time constraints make that impossible. Until recently, I used to just browse my way through the forums, in no particular order. No real plan.

Then I "discovered" New Posts, which made it far easier to find the latest posts but I rarely could make it past the first page of links - you folks are mucho busy while I'm away at work! There would often be anywhere from 3 (rarely, unless it's the weekend) up to 8 (and sometimes even more) pages' worth of new post listings, but the system would reset itself before I could get a chance to review more than a pages' worth. But I finally figured out a way around that problem - when I first sign on and click "New Posts", before I look at anything, I page through all the way to the end page of the new listings and then start from there, using my "Back" button to work my way back to the first page. I don't always make it back to page 1 before I have to shut my computer down, but I'm seeing a lot more than I used to this way! Doing it this way puts those pages with their links into my computer's cache so even if the forum system resets itself (marking everything "read" by me), they are still available for me to view. It's worked out much better this way, and I'm not missing as much as I used to.

It's not perfect - I still can't always review everything because I run out of time, but I'm keeping up much better than before. :yay

The very first things I check are any threads I'm involved in, then I go right to introductions, after that I check new posts.

• 2 weeks later...

I go to the show and tell's first and then original patterns. I am a visual person and I love seeing what everyone creates. The talent amazes me everytime!!:hook I then go to the top and work my way down. I try to read all the posts that are new even though I may not have time to post a reply to all of them.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived