Help with Wiggly Crochet

minster

Question

Does anyone know of a website where I could learn this technique? I checked the web and they all reference an Annie's Attic book but it is out of print.

Any help is appreciated!! :yay

9 answers to this question

There is a lot of info in the CAL discussion that Darski linked to---it is a lot to wade through but lot of info. There is a section on it in the book Geometrics a New Way to Crochet by R Marks but I can't remember how much depth it goes into. The book Special Stitches and Techniques in Crochet has some patterns but I think the how-to there is very inadequate.

Its not hard to do. you make a mesh, like you would for filet. then with separate thread you make dc on the mesh so it stands up and away from the mesh.

You might want to try searching for "surface crochet" as this falls in that category.

I just realized I have some photos of a wiggly in progress, so I'll post them. Hopefully it will help to visualize how it is done.

This is Fabulous!!! Did you ever finish it and make it into a pillow or something? I'm kinda late to the party but I think this is something I would love to learn this summer! Hoping to maybe make a watermelon square pot holder for one of my mom's cousin's as a way of saying Thank You for the family reunion. She hosts every year.

This is Fabulous!!! Did you ever finish it and make it into a pillow or something? I'm kinda late to the party but I think this is something I would love to learn this summer! Hoping to maybe make a watermelon square pot holder for one of my mom's cousin's as a way of saying Thank You for the family reunion. She hosts every year.

Thanks! Yes i finished that, it was in size 10 thread so not too big. I gave it as a gift, to be used as a trivet. It is a fun technique.

Archived