My Little Tote Around

Cliffnote

I seen this canvas bag at the mall one day and thought to myself "I could make that!" And this is what I cam up with. I have not tested this pattern so if you have trouble or need help let me know. If you find any mistakes please let me know as well. **You may do as you wish with the finished product, but you may not sell this pattern and also Please do not post this to anywhere else on the web.**

**If you do decide to make this bag, I would love to see pics of your end results!**

post-18565-135897411207_thumb.jpg

My Little Tote Around

Materials:

G Hook

WW yarn CA & CB

Yarn needle

matching sewing thread and needle

Stitchmarker

Stitches Used:

Sc= Single Crochet

Ss= Slip Stitch

Ch- Chain

CA= Color A

CB= Color B

St= Stitch

Notes:Bag is worked in the round, slip stitch to join rows. Mark the first stitch of each row with a stitch marker. Bag is about approx. 6 1/2" Long x 3 1/2" wide x 6 1/2" High. In the first row you should have no stitches left, from row 2 on you should have 1 sc unworked directly in from of the chain.

Ch 15

Row 1: Sc across to last st, 3 sc in last st. Do not turn, Going across otherside of chain sc across to last ch, 3 sc in last. SS to 1st st. Ch 1

Row 2: Sc in same as SS, sc in next 12, 3 sc in next st, sc next st, 3 sc next st, sc in next 14 st's,

sc in next , 3 sc next st, SS to 1st st. ch 1.

Row 3: Sc in same as ss, sc in next 14, 3 sc in next, sc next 2 st's, 3 sc in next, sc next 16 st's, 3 sc next, sc next 3 st's, 3 sc next, sc next 1, ss to 1st st. ch 1

Row 4-8: Sc in same as ss, sc across, putting 3 sc into the middle of ea of the previous 3 sc, making the corner. Join with ss to 1st stitch. ch 1.

Row 9-18: Sc in same as ss, sc across, join to 1st st with ss. ch 1.

End off CA and Join CB

Row 19- 43 : Sc in same as SS,and Sc around ch 1.

End off CB and attach CA.

Row 44: Sc around. end off. Weave in all ends.

Handles

(Make 2)

Make handles as long as you are comfortable with. I made mine about 22" long

With CA ch 6

Row 1-?: SC across ch 1 turn. end off. weave in all ends.

Place handle ends evenly at base of CA and sew in place. repeat for second side.

Hi Cliffnote! I see that similar style, and think the same thing...I just never got a "round tuit"...I like how yours came out. I think DD might get one for carrying some of her dolls (she's a nut for new bags/purses!) on her birthday (she'll be 5)

Thanks for writing up the pattern :)

I to am making the tote right now but having some problems with it. I have already frogged it twice! I can't seem to get the same number of stitches on both sides and also both ends. Any ideas what I am doing incorrectly? :think

maybe it's what I found? on the foundation round, 2 sc in last free loop, instead of three. join to first sc, (it becomes the 3rd one in the end stitch) then as you continue, your counts should come out even. (round 2, that one that you joined to end round 1 is also the one you would work 3 sc in....the corner...) HTH

And Cliffnote, that is the ONLY teensy weensy thing I found...and it could just be a difference in the way we work our foundation round. I'm enjoying hte pattern, and will post when it's done. (I remember now why G hook and WW acrylic don't getalong for me...:lol) I'll be making a second one too. First one is for DD's bday (shhh, don't tell) ;)

maybe it's what I found? on the foundation round, 2 sc in last free loop, instead of three. join to first sc, (it becomes the 3rd one in the end stitch) then as you continue, your counts should come out even. (round 2, that one that you joined to end round 1 is also the one you would work 3 sc in....the corner...) HTH

And Cliffnote, that is the ONLY teensy weensy thing I found...and it could just be a difference in the way we work our foundation round. I'm enjoying hte pattern, and will post when it's done. (I remember now why G hook and WW acrylic don't getalong for me...:lol) I'll be making a second one too. First one is for DD's bday (shhh, don't tell) ;)

I think it may be the difference in the way we work the foundation. I will have to rework it for me to know for sure, but as you go, there should be 1 stitch right before the chain that is not worked. Let me double check and I will post and let you know. Thank you for letting me know.

thanks cliffnopte for the pattern

I will for sure be making one of these maybe many more so be on the look out i will for sure post photos when i make mines...

Please let us know if there is any corrections to be made in the pattern

I love this tote... its way too cute....

Great Job

Your tote is beautiful!! I can't wait to try it out. Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful talent!

Archived