HELP! Aran Toggle Wrap AGAIN!

RenJac1301

Question

Ok this Aran Toggle Wrap is a challange :( I finally got the part I had trouble with to end up with another problem,

I need help with the instructions for the right front.

HELP!

Here Is the link to pattern if you need to look at it

http://www.coatsandclark.com/Crafts/Crochet/Projects/Accessories/WR1771+Aran+Toggle+Wrap.htm

I have been keeping an eye on this thread, as I had just brought home the pattern for this a couple of days before this started. Congrats to those of you who have figured it out. I am still uncertain as to whether or not I'm gonna try it. Good luck, and please show pics when done, I'm looking forward to seeing them.

Where are you stuck? If you can tell us where you're having trouble, someone is sure to be able to help you.

I've long since finished this project, decided I didn't like it, ripped it out and used the yarn for something else. Someone had gotten corrected instructions for this pattern but I don't know that I still have them.

Good luck and have fun.

I am having such an issue with this pattern. I am on the left side, row 46. It states that at the end of this row you should have 148sts. According to my counting, if you work as established for 70sts, ch 32, then connect to the otherside where there are 38sts I get 140sts total. Am I doing something wrong or did they miss count. Help!

I finally got it!:cheer I had got myself so confused that I wasn't thinking straight. I have managed to join the left front to the rest of the work and am finally looking forward to finishing this project. I would like to say a BIG THANK YOU :rose to all of you for your support. I am still unsure if what I have done is correct but I hope the picture will help those who like me were stuck and unsure of the way to p:roseroceed.

OMG!!! thank you so much! Now I get it!! :cheer I was about ready to throw this out the window.:manyheart:clap

• Thanks 1

You are losing stitches at the edge - see the red stitch at the bottom, it is the 4th stitch from the end at the bottom of the piece, but by the top it's next to the end (the red line follows the stitches directly above the red stitch).  The column with the blue stitch disappears entirely 2 rows above it, the column with the green stitch disappears in the following row.

I would follow the written instructions, not the video.  Not that the video is wrong, but there may be steps made that are unsaid. I haven't looked at this video, but I have looked at other Red Heart ones, and they aren't complete; they get you started and explain difficult little pieces (that may be hard to visualize) here and there.  They aren't meant to be a substitute for the written pattern.  

post-13625-0-98175100-1453138648.jpg

Edited by Granny Square

i think the stitch you should miss is the very first one, the last stitch you made in the row below---the one that the ch2 arises out of.  the reason for the instruction is so that you don't add a stitch by working into that stitch....the ch 2 counts as your first stitch.  

I saw someone had posted a Ravelry link that seems to address the issues!  I also got stuck on row 45 (left side). I couldn’t figure out how to fill in the 32-stitch gap and row 46 was asking for dc over chains! Here’s how I got unstuck to create a continuous balance on both sides of the garment. At row 44, Add five additional rows  to the back-of-neck section. At the end of row 45 (70-stitches), add 32 chain stitches to make up for the ‘gap’, which gives you a way to join the left-front panel (lfp). You'll have a total of 10 rows of front post and back post stitches on that back-of-neck,70-stitch section.  So again, after you add those 5 rows then do the following on what used to be row 45 on the pattern: Work the same front post and back post double crochet pattern for 70-stitches, chain 32, connect the left-front panel (lfp) that you previously created by Fpdc in the sc of the left-front panel, Bpdc in the hdc of the lfp, contine to follow front post and back post stitching on lfp to the last stitch. Turn. Now you can follow the written pattern from row 46 on. This is not an easy pattern but it looks good. Good luck.

Edited by YNC
Missing info.

I cannot figure out how to "return to tow 44 of Back Neck to work across all are and join for Left Side. What does work across all stitches mean? There is a gap in row 44 for the neck stitches cannot go all across. And what type of stitch is it? I have struggled with this pattern

I haven't made this, but I looked at the pattern and agree it looks straightforward but isn't too clear on how it goes together, matching the diagram with the the written pattern.  I looked at the notes on Ravelry, and I think the not-clearly-spelled-out part might be that "the left front piece is crocheted separately then added to the whole piece when you return to row 44", or at least that is what light bulb went off for one person.