HELP! Aran Toggle Wrap AGAIN!

RenJac1301

Question

Ok this Aran Toggle Wrap is a challange :( I finally got the part I had trouble with to end up with another problem,

I need help with the instructions for the right front.

HELP!

Here Is the link to pattern if you need to look at it

http://www.coatsandclark.com/Crafts/Crochet/Projects/Accessories/WR1771+Aran+Toggle+Wrap.htm

could you be a little more specific what you're having difficulty with.

if it's row 1 you just count 32 stitches from where you stopped on row 44.

slip stitch with 2nd ball of yarn and continue with the instructions.

the ball that you were using on row 44 is left to work later.

i would put a clip on your last stitch there so it wont accidentaly start unraveling.

Row 1: Skip next 32 stitches along row 38 (Do you turn then skip the 32 stitches then Join second Ball of Yarn in next Stitch,Chain 1,SC in next stitch,hdc in next st,*Bpdc in next st,Fpdc in next st;repeat from * across ,turn-46 dc

hold the piece of crochet so that the back of the last row [44] is facing you.

count 32 of the uncrocheted stitches on row 38 [should be the last full row that you did before you started the short rows] take the 2nd ball and slip stitch into the next stitch of row 38 [which is the 33 stitch] continue with the instructions.

you should have made 46 stitches, now turn.

Row 2,4 and 6:

work as established only means that you crochet alternating front post and back post [the stitch pattern you've been doing] till you get to the last 2 st before hdc, then follow the rest of the directions

You do the same type of thing with the other rows.

Edited by boogiedu
inserted omitted words

Hi I'm from London and new to this site and needing help with the Aran toggle wrap. I'm new to crocheting and decided to make this wrap for my mum, however I'm stuck on Row 20: Ch 3 (count as dc), dc in next st, *skip next 3 sts,

tr in next st, dc in each skipped st working behind tr just

made; repeat from * to marker for Front, [skip next st, dc in

next 3 sts, working in front of 3 dc just made, tr in skipped

st] to last 2 sts, dc in 2 sts for Back, turn.

Does this pattern require you to work with more than one ball of wool, I don't understand 'to marker for Front, [skip next st, dc in

next 3 sts, working in front of 3 dc just made, tr in skipped

st] to last 2 sts, dc in 2 sts for Back, turn' i have worked to the marker for the centre of shoulder mentioned in the previous row.

Please help I don't want to give up now, any help would be trurly appreciated.

Thanks

Tumay

Hi, I'm new at crocheting and also trying to do the aran toggle wrap myself. I'm stuck on the right front instructions which state: Row 1: Skip next 32 stitches along row 38 (Do you turn then skip the 32 stitches then Join second Ball of Yarn in next Stitch,Chain 1,SC in next stitch,hdc in next st,*Bpdc in next st,Fpdc in next st;repeat from * across ,turn-46 dc

Boogiedue replied

hold the piece of crochet so that the last row [44] is facing you. What side should be facing me? The right side with the pattern design or the wrong side?

Also, I thought I was supposed to hold the side facing me as if I was still working on row 38 and then start counting the 32 skipped stitches from the center from where I stopped doing the fpdc and bpdc at stitch 70. Another simpler way of asking: Should I start counting the skipped stitches from the middle of the piece to the edge or visa versa? Did I read the instructions wrong? I hope this not too confusing as it's 1:32 a.m. here in NY.

and count 32 of the uncrocheted stitches on row 38 [should be the last full row that you did before you started the short rows] take the 2nd ball and slip stitch into the next stitch of row 38 [which is the 33 stitch] continue with the instructions.

the correction and [hopfully] more clarification is in bold

hold the piece of crochet so that the back of the last row [44] is facing you.

sorry i omitted the words in bold in the sentence above.

What side should be facing me? The right side with the pattern design or the wrong side?

each row/round of crochet has a front side and a back side.

i was referring to the back side of row 44 [should be facing you]

which is also the back side of row 38.

Also, I thought I was supposed to hold the side facing me as if I was still working on row 38

hold as if you were still working row 39

row 38 is a long row, row 39 is the first short row.

and count 32 of the uncrocheted stitches on row 38 [should be the last full row that you did before you started the short rows] take the 2nd ball and slip stitch into the next stitch of row 38 [which is the 33 stitch] continue with the instructions.

Edited by boogiedu

Help again on aran toggle wrap. Boogiedu, thanks for your help last time. It did work. Now I have another question for you or anyone else who has done this

On the right front, I did rows 1, 2 and 3. For row 3 was the slip st, sc, hdc combo to get to the end and then turn. This is where i'm confused. For row 4, does this mean to continue the pattern I was working for row 3, or do I go back to row 1 with the *bpdc and fpdc combo? If it means to go back to the bpdc/fpdc, how do i do that on slip stitch, sc, and hdc stitches. When I do it, it just doesn't look right? Even when I look at the picture, I can't tell what i'm supposed to do with this part of it.

Thanks for your help.

try not to over stress, stress makes it harder, take

a pause, try to relax a little, this is supposed to be fun.

Help again on aran toggle wrap. Boogiedu, thanks for your help last time. It did work. Now I have another question for you or anyone else who has done this.

i have never made this item and don't intend to.

however, i don't mind helping. i'm just reading the

pattern and trying to explain the directions a little

more clearly. :tup

--------------------------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------------------------------

On the right front, I did rows 1, 2 and 3. For row 3 was the slip st, sc, hdc combo to get to the end and then turn. This is where i'm confused. For row 4, does this mean to continue the pattern I was working for row 3, or do I go back to row 1 with the *bpdc and fpdc combo?

work row 4 as has been established for the

even rows. rows 1 & 3 are odd rows

----------------------------------------------------------

If it means to go back to the bpdc/fpdc, how do i do that on slip stitch, sc, and hdc stitches. When I do it, it just doesn't look right? Even when I look at the picture, I can't tell what i'm supposed to do with this part of it.

the instructions say:

Row 2,4 and 6:work as ESTABLISHED to last

2 st before hdc, hdc in next st, sc in next st, turn.

so you stop the pattern 2 sts before hdc [see inderlined words]

you don't work the ss, sc, or hdc.

Thanks for your help.

This is very topical; we (4 of the gals I work with and taught to crochet) are thinking of making this very pattern -- one of them found a free tear-off from the late 1990s and we all liked it. It is also similar to an aran throw that one of them is currently in the process of making as an Xmas gift. I haven't given the pattern much attention, but seeing this post, I'm going to look it over tomorrow with the gals and make sure there isn't much confusion.

Thanks for responding again and yes i'm trying not to stress. I do do that to myself. Been working on wrap for a while now and probably need to do something else for a day or two. I'm still confused tho. I'm assuming the pattern for rows 2, 4, and 6. Are the fpdc and bpdc while the pattern for rows 3, 5, and 7 is the slip st/sc/hdc pattern? Is that what you get?

When I look at my piece for completing row 4, there are no posts to do the fpdc and bpdc. Am I reading this wrong?

your established stitch pattern is not slip stitch, sc, hdc

these three stitches are used to create a curve or angle

to bring the height of the row to the fp & bp dc's that is

the established pattern.

if you look at the picture you will see the curve or slant

on the front section :xfin

I wish I could help with is but I can't and I just want to thank you my mother wanted me to make this one for her and after see everything you are going thought I have changed my mind thanks so much for saving me a head ach:hug:manyheart:think

Hi Emeraldjayne62. Please, please, please don't let my confusion over the instruction for that one particular section stop you from trying to make the outfit. I have just started to learn how to crochet and this is my first "complicated" pattern. The language for me is like learning a foreign language. At first I thought it was too complicated since I am just learning, but decided to go for the gusto. I am really quite proud and pleased of what I accomplished so far. It looks absolutely beautiful especially for someone who has never crocheted anything like this before. I've showed it to people at work and they said it is gorgeous and I haven't even finished it. I am truly thankful for all the help that everyone has given me. I am going to finish this and am even thinking about doing it again in another color. I am still excited about seeing the final project. I even have a feeling that when I show it to my mom, she will "steal" it from me. It looks that good.

I can't tell you what to do, but if your mom really wants you to do it please reconsider and try it. You might actually like it and decide to make one for yourself. Also, that particular section may not cause you the problem it did me.

PS The last thing I wanted to do was to discourage anyone from trying something. Let us know if you reconsider and how you like the wrap when it's finished.

Have a great evening and a blessed tomorrow.

Hi everyone, I just wanted to let you know that I FINALLY GOT IT!! I finally understand what Boogiedu has been telling me all along and it's just what the instruction said. I had an epihany! Hallelujah!

Thanks to everyone for your help in getting me to this point.

Hopefully, I can figure the rest out and finish this project. If not, I'll be back.

ok I will give it a try but I also have trouble with reading patterns so we will see I will keep your question close maybe I will try over the weekend we will see thanks lets see if this is something I can do god bless

Hi! I googled Aran Toggle Wrap and found you all! It's serendipity, as I'm stuck. I read through this thread and didn't see my problem addressed. If I missed it, please just point me in the right direction.

LEFT FRONT

I can't get the stitches to come out right on Row 2. I keep ending up with a Bpdc on the hdc instead of a Fpdc. Am I counting wrong, as in should I be doing a Fpdc on the ch 2 at the beginning of the row? I've been crocheting for many years but have limited experience reading patterns. Still, till now it's been working out OK. Thanks for any help!

Hi, I found the same problem with rows 2 and 4. It just doesn't look right and I pulled it out, did it over and it still came out the same. I was just going to leave it.

the other problem I found is with rows 3 and 5: Ch 4, slip st in first 2 chs, sc in next ch, hdc in next ch, (Bpdc in next sc, Fpdc in next hdc), *BPDC in next st, fpdc in next st; repeat from * across, turn.

It looks fine until I get to (bpdc in next sc, fpdc in next hdc). After doing the hdc in next ch, I don't have any sc or hdc stitches at that point only dc stitches. If you have any insight, that would be appreciated too. I'm going to sleep on it tonight.

I just counted the stitches on the Right Front (I think they should be mirror images?) and it would take 32 dc not the 34 the pattern calls for to match up on mine, either the 34 called for is not right or I messed up somewhere (quite possible!) and now I think I might try working it backwards toward the center instead of from it to see what I can do. I do not want to rip this whole thing out and start an afghan!

i have emailed nazanin fard, the designer, and until i hear back

i suggest that y'all start working on the left side to the point

that the left front is added.

the left front is only 6 rows so it can be done rather quickly

once the correct directions are available.