My First Socks!

tiffer93

Forgive the poor quality cell photo, but I had to share with you all my very first successful pair of socks! I'm so excited I could burst! I used the free pattern posted on Annie's Attic a month or 2 ago called "Chocolate Covered Cherries." I followed the pattern exactly as of the current moment minus that I only used one ball of yarn (Bernat Baby Jacquards in Cherry Berry). I haven't decided if I like the rippled cuff or not! I did a gauge swatch and was on the money there, but for some reason I had to use the large pattern to get them to fit my size 7.5 feet! Oh well, at least they fit! So here they are, in progress still, but close enough that I can say "Yeah, I made socks!"

04-22-09_0102.jpg

Done with a "C" hook and the yarn is light weight (3). Each one is made with it's own ball of yarn, which kinda explains the offsetting pattern. But if I hold my feet together with one higher than the other, the pattern matches right up! LOL Thanks for looking!:yarn

Very nice. I love the color!

I've made two pairs using that yarn and love them. I made one match on purpose and the other pair not match on purpose, I liked that, plus it was a little hard to match up the colors.

I have that pattern and I think that pattern and your color of yarn is on my list for my next pair of socks. Thanks for sharing!

Debbi

Awesome!! Great job on your "1st" pr. of socks!! I just love that yarn!! I keep looking at that yarn everytime I go to Wal-Mart!!

Archived