Picture added post 105_, thank you all..starting to assemble

JoBug

Hello friends,

I don't know if you read my post in prayers request, so I will add info here, my SIL has cancer, she found out Good Friday, and started Chemo last monday. She has recal cancer, turns out we got a call from my BIL last night, and she is going to have to endure a longer chemo than anticipated, as the cancer is farther than what they thought, she will also end up with a colostomy, she is having surgery wed for that. So ALSO please offer up a prayer for her, her name is Rhonda Dillon.

Now I want to make her a comfortghan, what I am asking for is 8" squares in purple shades, with white boarder, I will do the boarder if you dont, not a problem. WW yarn, preferable the Red Heart SS, but I am not denying any squares. They live in Minneaplois, and run a catering bussiness,and she operated a home day care until this.

ALSO, if you would like to make a chemo cap, please do and send it along, I will gladly accept soft chemo caps, Rhonda has/had THICK beautiful hair, and I know this is bothering her feircley, she is taking this very badly and isnt even able to talk to people on the phone. Her friends up there are going to start a web site for her for prayers and such I wil let you know when that is up and running so yu can see.

So if you can help PLEASE PM me for my addy, if you have my addy and want to help, please PM me so I know what to expect for squares. My heart is very saddened by this news, Rhonda is a Catholic with a STRONG faith, so I know God will listen to our prayers, she is only 49 years old and has two beautiful girls, one is at hom eyet in high school, the other goes to college in Washington DC. Her husbands name is Chuck, that is my hubbys brother.

Thankyou for your consideration and help

Love JoAnn

UPDATE 5-6 PLEASE post if you send squares and how many

so I have a count, I really NEED to get this done and sent to her....I just need to know how many are coming so I can start aranging and joining them... THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH FOR YOUR HELP ON THIS, it means so much, and I KNOW Rhonda will love it and be touched!!

HUGS and Love

JoAnn\

UPDATE 5-11

Thank you all sooooooooooooo much, I am going to start assembly tonight!! Please look for picture when it is done

HUGS AND LOVE

JoAnn

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You are all in my prayers. I would love to help with a square. I can mail it out friday or saturday. I'll pm you in just a minute. :hug

Thank you !! I am off to run arrands but WILL be back this afternoon.

TY TY TY :hug

Count me in too JoBug! I would do anything for you, my friend! Do you want 8" squares counting the white border? Probably, right? Don't have Red Heart SS...can't stand the stuff! But will do a couple in a similar yarn ~ hope that's ok? :manyheart

Thank you gals, I just answered all the PM's so if you dont get yours let me know please. THANK YOU all for your help!! This will mean so much to her, it will, I am going to include all your names and let her know how much everyone cares!! So if you want please put a tag on your square, and I will include it along. I will take loads of pics, I SWEAR. yes, 8 inch with the white boarder, so if you cant do the white boarder, please leave me a row..lol.... even if I can just do it in sc that will be fine. it will be easier for me to join if they all have a white boarder.

TY all so much again!!! I am humbled!

JoBug.,

PM me you address. I just found some Red Heart S/S in amethyst and lavender. :yarn (had to dig in the stash) :devil I might not get anything finished until the end of the week if that's ok.

My Dear Jobug, I am so very sorry to here this news about your SIL. your family and her are all in my prayers.

Lord I swear It sure seems like our prayer list are getting longer and longer these days doesn't it:(

I have your address somewhere in all my mess so It might be quicker if you PM it over to me again :lol

I will do my best to get a couple out to you by friday:hug

My Dear Jobug, I am so very sorry to here this news about your SIL. your family and her are all in my prayers.

Lord I swear It sure seems like our prayer list are getting longer and longer these days doesn't it:(

I have your address somewhere in all my mess so It might be quicker if you PM it over to me again :lol

I will do my best to get a couple out to you by friday:hug

Thank you so much Sissie!! PM you now..

Thank you sooooooooooo much gals!! I cant wait for them to be comming in, I spent the night working on some myself, thank you all so much!!!! You will never know how much it means to me!!!

HUGS and LOVE

JoAnn

Thank yo friends, I too am working away on these....this means so much to me, she will LOVE this project with love

HUGS

JoAnn

Jobug would love to help,I think I have that yarn will check just send me your address.and I will try to have them out this weekend if not by monday.My prayers are withher and you, I under stand what she is going thought.I have had those problems for years and it popped up again but I take the cemo.pill and yes my hair is thinning more and more and now thay started the shots to go with it so may god bless all of you in your time of need.and shes needs to know there are people out there that care and can help. I would like to add her to my afghan of Hope if thats all right all I would need is her name and the type of cancer so it can go it to the book,just let me know god bless all of you ,Have HOPE< and FAITH God will do the rest:hug

I'm sorry to hear about your SIL. I will be glad to help you out and since purple is my favorite color I always have that color available. I'll pm you for your address.

i don't have any plain purple but i do have some plum pudding that would be pretty with white if that is ok. if not then just let me know.

Absolutly! I am not turning down ANY squares at this poiint, thank you so much!!!!

Jobug would love to help,I think I have that yarn will check just send me your address.and I will try to have them out this weekend if not by monday.My prayers are withher and you, I under stand what she is going thought.I have had those problems for years and it popped up again but I take the cemo.pill and yes my hair is thinning more and more and now thay started the shots to go with it so may god bless all of you in your time of need.and shes needs to know there are people out there that care and can help. I would like to add her to my afghan of Hope if thats all right all I would need is her name and the type of cancer so it can go it to the book,just let me know god bless all of you ,Have HOPE< and FAITH God will do the rest:hug

Yes, you most certainly MAY add her to your afghan of hope!! Her name is Rhonda Dillon, and she has rectal cancer. God bless you!! :manyheart

Archived