Holy Julie Newmar Batman!

Gege

Hey y'all!

So, I love cats- I've always had at least one throughout my entire life. I've been wanting to make a cat-eared hat for the longest time; however, I never found a pattern that really called out to me. This all changed just a few days ago when I was looking at and petting my yarn stash (Oh, how do I love thee? Let me count the ways!) The preciousness that caught my attention was the glow-in-the dark yarn that I've had for a while but didn't have a clue what I should create with it. Inspiration came a-knockin' my friends.

Most patterns I've seen seem to be a simple rectangle that is folded over and sewn together; however, the ears never seemed to be cat-like enough for my taste. There are also some that are plain hats with crocheted ears sewn on at the end. I hate sewing things together and avoid it whenever I can. So, I got tinkering with some yarn and with an increase here and a decrease there, I was able to get a cat-eared hat that really worked for me.

3456921349_e9741509c2_m.jpg

YAY! See! The points actually look like cat ears! WOOO ME!

I even wrote up the pattern for this hat- double wooo me!

It's available here. It's not been tested, so if you do make it, please let me know if there are any mistakes in it. Thanks!!

great cat hat, the ears are purrrrrfect (lol).Really, they stand up and are pointy-perfect.While I was looking at your blog I saw your watermelon hat,have you ever posted the pattern ...........please...............it's great !!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived