A couple of FBB Questions

shuttlebuggy

I am finally getting around to making my first FBB - and was wondering a couple things -

*when you are beginning it with the "chain 18" are you starting it at the top where the handles will eventually be OR is this actually a side of the purse??? I thought it seemed short and not enough of a row for the gathered portion of the bag to occur.

*is there any "easy" instructions to line the bag?? Most posts seem to get confusing or complicated on the matter

*when coming to the first row that you have placed stitch markers and you are instructed to make 2 hhdc in that stitch - which of the 2 stitches do you replace the stitch marker in???

Thanks everyone! I may have more questions before this is done!!!;):yarn;)

Ok I can help a bit...

the chain 18 is the side of the bag (thanks Lusmom for making me re read the directions ).

you place your marker in the first HDC you make of the "group" of two it is considered the "first" HDC of that row's increase

and as for easy way to line i am sewing challenged and i managed to follow the instructions here to line my bag and it came out lovely.

good luck

Actually the chain eighteen is the side of the bag. You start there and when you wind up with the full piece it almost looks like an oval. You will then decrease the long side so that they fit the handles and make the handle flaps. (use buttons on the handle flaps, trust me it makes for a great option for washing your bag)

The lining tutorial that helped me was written by crochetkel. Follow them they are wonderful instructions, just make sure to sew the lining in BEFORE you decrease for the handle flaps.

As far as which stitch to place the stitch marker in, I think I always put them in the outside stitches. Let me clarify, I put the stitch markers in the outside stitches when I was starting the bag and in the inside stitches when I was decreasing the bag.

Hope this helps

Archived