12" squares for my SIL/Maria is now in Heaven

Michele

My SIL started treatments for stage 3 ovarian cancer in October and everything was looking really good until 3 weeks ago the cancer had spread to her lungs, my brother rushed her to the hospital on the 10th of this month from all the pain she was in from the coughing ( her ribs are badly bruised) they scheduled an MRI for the 13th to see how much the cancer is spreading. My brother called me last night and told me that it has spread to Maria's brain and they will be starting radiation treatments again then on to chemo to try and kill off all the new cells they are keeping her in the hospital for now. My brother and his family live in New York and the only comfort I can give them is on the phone.

Update on Maria May 5th:

Maria came home from the hospital on April 29, she's been in good spirits during the day but at night time is when everything sinks in (my nephew is asleep) Maria's sister has been coming over to give my brother a hand when he has to do things after school with my nephew (he's 14) someone has to be with her at all times. The pull out bed isn't working so a hospital bed has been ordered. My brother is thinking about having hospice come in for a couple hours a day right now he wants to do everything for Maria that he can by himself :manyheart

Update on Maria May 8th

Hospice is coming to my brothers house now and it's just a matter of time for Maria

Update on Maria May 9th

Maria is now in Heaven with the Angels, she passed away today at 3:30pm New York time

The comfortghan when it is done will be sent to my brother & nephew along with all the love in each square

If you could help me out with some squares for a comfortghanfor Maria it would be greatly appreciated. pm me for address

:hook I'm making 12" squares in simply soft brites or any simply soft to cheer her up and give her a great big hug

Sent a pm to you this morning and I would be honored if you would allow me to help :hug

I will keep your family in my thoughts and prayers

I'll help I don't have simply soft bite but I have some Red Heart S/S in light coral if thats ok.

That sounds wonderful Cindy .....

Any simply soft will be ok I like how soft it is and it will be a nice and cuddley hug for Maria ( homemade afghans are a great big hug from the people that make them :hug)

Thank you for all the prayers. It's hard living so far away from my brother , Maria and my nephew and not being able to help them out.

I think I've sent my address to everyone that has requested it if not let me know

I have Simply Soft Heather in a sage green color.. It this will work let me know asI would love to send you a square. I am so sorry about your SIL!! and I am also sending hugs and prayers for all of you..:hug:hug:hug

Green is the color of "Hope" (at least in the spanish countries!) so I am glad that you liked the square as it was the only color I had in "Simply Soft". I do hope and pray for a healing for your SIL :hug

Michele, I would love to make at least 1 squares for you ....I know I have your addy somewhere but just incase could you pm it to me again...

You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers

Karen

Update on Maria:

I talked with my brother last night and the doctors said that Maria might be able to go home from the hospital on Sat. (May 2nd) but to be prepard for hospice. She isn't on a morphine drip yet and Maria's spirits are really good so that's a good sign. Maria dosen't want a hospital bed in the living room when she comes home so my brother is going to move their hide a bed into the living room (hopefully she'll be comfortable).

Thank you for all the prayers :manyheart

Archived