Wool Sweater

onfire4Jesus

I found the Lion Brand Wool-Ease® yarn on sale at Hancock Fabrics and knew I had to make something for my husband. The color has been discontinued ... it's really a bit more green the photo shows. It was named Spruce. Lion Brand gives it a weight catagory of 4, which is medium. Each skein is 3oz/197 yds.

lzsT.jpg

The photo is clickable for more details and photos

Thanks for looking!

Nice sweater! With crochet patterns for men hard to come by, do you mind telling us what pattern you used and where it can be found.

The pattern is a variation of a pattern from an American School of Needlework book called The Learn to Crochet a Sweater Book. It features Lion Brand's Wool-Ease® sportweight yarn. Click on the photo, I have more info and a link to the publisher's website where you can purchase the book for only $6!

Very nice sweater. I like the spruce green as well. Went to your web site; looking forward to seeing more of your work. Vey nicely done :hook

Thank you so much! And thank you everybody for your comments. :hug

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Your work is very nice. As you probably know men’s sweater patterns are incredibly hard to find. And if you didn’t know about their rarity then you just have to trust me, I am just about to sprout roots to my chair, I have been looking for DAYS.

John Hablinski, Corpus Christi, Texas, USA

You did a beautiful job on that sweater. I too have been looking for mens sweaters and it's been a hard go. Had to end up designing my own.

Archived