Edging 63 squares

Guest beanbug

Question

Guest beanbug

Help! I just did the square with the half double crochets and I can't figure out which spaces to use when I do the edging....the 3 sc in the corner, and the scs on the sides of the square. It just isn't looking right to me. Can anyone help? :help

Kim:)

4 answers to this question

hi kim, all you have to do is sc (or whatever your edging stitch is) in each of the spaces. like if there are 3 dc's then in each of them and then in what ever amount of space there is, (like if it is 3 dc, then ch2 or whatever) just do a stitch for each, and when you are in the corners do 3 stitches. good luck. vicki:D

Kim, it is difficult at first to figure out where to put the stitches when you are going down the sides. :sweat If you're having trouble, it helps to mark the side into thirds. Take take two safety pins and mark one side so it is divided into thirds. On the first edging round, 25 stitches are supposed to go down each side. 25/3 = 8.3, so you'll need approximately eight stitches in each of the thirds. Trying to figure out where to put eight stitches is a heck of a lot easier than where to put 25.

As far as the corners, when you are done with 25 stitches on one edge, just put three stitches in a single stitch at the corner.

Hope this helps! :sherlock

Archived