My first try at a hat

Nanniegoat

Wanted to share my first try making a hat. It was pretty fun and pretty easy. I don't think it's too bad for a first try.

Pink Crochet Baby Hat

Any thoughts, tips, ideas?

There is a part that is uneven in the back. I am terrible at reading a pattern, so I watched a tutorial on youtube and then used the basic idea and winged it a little.

That's absolutely wonderful! Does the pattern require joining the rounds? If so, I have FINALLY figured out that chaining and then doing a stitch in the joining stitch where the chain is helps TREMENDOUSLY in hiding the seam! Basically, ch (x) and then (st) in same ch as join. When you come back to the ch to finish the round, you sl st in the top of the ch and TADA! It hides the seam wonderfully!

• 2 weeks later...
That's absolutely wonderful! Does the pattern require joining the rounds? If so, I have FINALLY figured out that chaining and then doing a stitch in the joining stitch where the chain is helps TREMENDOUSLY in hiding the seam! Basically, ch (x) and then (st) in same ch as join. When you come back to the ch to finish the round, you sl st in the top of the ch and TADA! It hides the seam wonderfully!

I'm going to try that! Hey, we're neighbors, I live in Radcliff.:clap

Archived