3rd Annual Afghans for NICU Babies for Christmas - THANK YOU NOTE POST 356

:cheerYou have recieved some very lovely blankets!! I am still working on mine and Taylor finally started heres. I think I have 3 done. I have to take a break from aNICU blankets so I can get some other things done. I will be back at it soon!! Have a great day!!

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:cheerYou have recieved some very lovely blankets!! I am still working on mine and Taylor finally started heres. I think I have 3 done. I have to take a break from aNICU blankets so I can get some other things done. I will be back at it soon!! Have a great day!!

Thank you so much!

Hi Kathryn! I sent off the first blanket to you today. I sent it snail mail so it will be 5-7 days or so before you will receive it. I will be working on more blankets this summer and hope to have a few more to send you later on. Have a nice weekend!

Jamie:crocheting

I've got two done in addition to my daughter's and I'm starting some more. I think a few more, and I'll have to get back to the Victory Junction Gang for a while! And, oh, maybe my own personal projects for my friends/family! :)

Hi Kathryn! I sent off the first blanket to you today. I sent it snail mail so it will be 5-7 days or so before you will receive it. I will be working on more blankets this summer and hope to have a few more to send you later on. Have a nice weekend!

Can't wait to get them Jamie!:cheer I"ll PM you when the package arrives and post a picture here.

I've got two done in addition to my daughter's and I'm starting some more. I think a few more, and I'll have to get back to the Victory Junction Gang for a while! And, oh, maybe my own personal projects for my friends/family! :)

How generous of you! Thank you!:cheer

Yeah, Now with this project, I almost need to get my Christmas crochet done in February!:lol

I'm in the middle of my first blanket. I'm going slow because I'm doing toys for Kristie's toy drive too, but just wanted to let you know I'm participating this year.

I'm in the middle of my first blanket. I'm going slow because I'm doing toys for Kristie's toy drive too, but just wanted to let you know I'm participating this year.

Thank you Christina! How nice of you - especially since you have your mom's health concern going on too. I truly appreciate it!

Thank you Christina! How nice of you - especially since you have your mom's health concern going on too. I truly appreciate it!

My pleasure! Believe it or not, this is a stress reliever for me!

Thanks for the compliments!! :)

Kathryn- I'm glad to know you have received the blanket and I am happy to know it will go to a family in need. I'll be starting another one for you soon after I finish some other projects with earlier deadlines. Thanks a bunch!

Kathryn,

I have one ready to send to you. Please PM me your address and I will get it in the mail. My daughter was a preemie also, 17 yrs old now! I'll get started on another one after I gets some of my WIPs out of the way.

Kathryn,

I have one ready to send to you. Please PM me your address and I will get it in the mail. My daughter was a preemie also, 17 yrs old now! I'll get started on another one after I gets some of my WIPs out of the way.

Thank you so much! It's amazing how many of us here are NICU Mom's, or the relative of a NICU mom.

I'm sending you a PM now.

Hi Kathryn,

I would like to help out. I like doing baby blankets. Could you please pm me your address?

I make small baby blankets 18 x 23. Maybe a bit smaller?

Thank you

AnaMaria

Hi Kathryn,

I would like to help out. I like doing baby blankets. Could you please pm me your address?

I make small baby blankets 18 x 23. Maybe a bit smaller?

Thank you

AnaMaria

Thank you AnaMaria! I really appreciate your help. I'll PM you now!

Today, Anne's package arrived. It was overflowing with crochet and love. In total, here is what Anne sent:

13 afghans, ranging from extreme preemie sized to newborn.

13 hats

3 bonnets

2 sets of scratch mits

4 sets of booties.

The afghans are all so soft, and the white one in the upper right corner has lovely filet hearts throughout the pattern. The hats are so colorful, and the bonnets are trimmed with ribbon.

So many families will be greatful for these!

post-2886-13589741474_thumb.jpg

Last year, my Dad bought me a skip-stitch blade, rotary cutter, mat and ruler so that I could do some crocheted edged fleece for the NICU. I had mentioned wanting to do it because I thought I could get alot more done for the babies and my Dad wanted to help.

This is my first attempt, and it only took one evening! Actually, the hardest part for me is making sure that I'm placing the ruler straight before I make the first cut!

So, here is my first edged blanket going to the NICU!

post-2886-135897414744_thumb.jpg

Archived