Old Shale Dedication Shawl

catheryn

We Baptists don’t christen our babies, we dedicate them. Mother called and needed a baby gift for a shower at church next month, so I prowled through my patterns and came up with this. I have been wanting to work through some of my “less expensive” yarns since I have recently really become a yarn snob, so I starting pulling out baskets from the closet and found a Caron One Pounder in white. After a really extensive steam blocking, the “Dedication Shawl” turned out really lovely. As soon as I finish all the detail of this post, into the box it goes to be mailed out to South Carolina in the morning.

3435612967_5ca8b75418_m.jpg

Absolutely beautiful! As is all your work. :)

Sarah, thank you....I just visited your new blog, and your babies are precious!!! So glad to see you are doing so well!!!:hug:hug:hug

That is simply gorgeous! Would love to know where I can find the pattern? It looks like it has some pink in it...or is that just the lighting? I love it!

Just do an online search for Old Shale Tablecloth....it is a vintage freebie pattern...the color is white, the lighting is off!! LOL

Your shawl is beautiful. That's one lucky baby. I saw your pictures of your babies and saw that you are the proud owner of a Westie. I have a Westie too. His name is Casper, and he has such character.

:h5,

Linda

Love my babies!!!! 2 westies and one cairn......all spoiled rotten. Snoodles (cairn) Tater and Tootsie (westies).....Don't they have just the best personalities ever?!?!?!

Thanks for the kind words on the shawl!!!:hug

• 2 months later...

I don't have any idea why I haven't commented on the lovely blanket. (Did I see it in the Knitting area, is that why?) So beautiful, Catheryn. Isn't it amazing how some steam will change the whole character of acrylic?

Archived