Boomerang Afghan

MaryPat

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WOW Mary Pat that is AMAZING! Don't think Ive ever seen that pattern before - looks like a LOT of hard work. I looked at your others items which are all beautiful too. The pink and blue ghan is fabulous. You are very talented.

you are so talented, it is absolutely the neatest afghan i have ever seen, never tried one, was it hard to put together?

It wasn't difficult once but I did get advice from a knitting teacher on how to make the joins invisible. Each motif took about an hour (mostly done while flying on planes). Joining each motif took a lot more time than I thought it would. I made strips first -- took about 2 hours to make each strip. Then it took a little over two hours to join each strip to the next.

2007 and 2008 were kind of weird for me -- I had a lot of international travel. I had always wanted to make this pattern and the travel gave me the extra push to make this one. So this afghan has been to Taiwan, England (4 times), Paris, China, Korea, and Hong Kong.

Your afghan is really cool. I also love crocheting on planes it seems to make the flights go quicker. Plus it is a great conversation starter. I even gave some attendents some lessons once. :D Back to your afghan though I love it, but it gives me vertigo :rofl the dimensional quality messes with my eyes. Thank you for sharring.

:mug:cat:yarn

• 3 weeks later...

Wow, what a great op-art afghan! :hook That is really wonderful. (yea for Magic crochet patterns!) The joining method sounds very cool too. It's great to see such an unusual design, so well executed.

Archived