Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RenJac1301

Question

Ok so Now I am panicking, My first clothing and Im in need of HHHHHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEELP

Ok so the stitch says Ch 3 ,dc in next*Skip next 3 stitches,tr in next stitch,DC in each SKIPPED Stitch WORKING behind tr just made

Ok if some one can pleeeeeeeeeeeease help me :( If you can can you please take pics, Im more of a see then being able to follow directions :(

25 answers to this question

Thank you for replying. NOw that you have pointed it out it makes sense. Thank you very much.

the marker you placed for center of shoulder is the dividing point for the front and back of the garment.

so when you reach the center of shoulder marker on row 20 the rest of row 20 is for the back.

they're just saying one side of the marker is the back and one side is the front.

the marker you placed for center of shoulder is the dividing point for the front and back of the garment.

so when you reach the center of shoulder marker on row 20 the rest of row 20 is for the back.

they're just saying one side of the marker is the back and one side is the front.

Hi there I'm new to forum and also need help with this pattern. I have also never done anything like this and feel the pattern is not explained properly ( or that's the way it seems to me) I am stuck on Row 20: Ch 3 (count as dc), dc in next st, *skip next 3 sts,

tr in next st, dc in each skipped st working behind tr just

made; repeat from * to marker for Front, [skip next st, dc in

next 3 sts, working in front of 3 dc just made, tr in skipped

st] to last 2 sts, dc in 2 sts for Back, turn.

I have understood and worked the Ch 3, (count as dc), dc in next st, *skip next 3 sts,

tr in next st, dc in each skipped st working behind tr just

made;' there is no mention of a front marker only a marker for the shoulder in row 20 i don't understand what they mean by * to marker for Front, [skip next st, dc in

next 3 sts, working in front of 3 dc just made, tr in skipped

st] to last 2 sts, dc in 2 sts for Back, turn.across I am now at the marker for the shoulder which was mentioned in row 20. I took a picture but don't know how to paste it on to my message. Please someone help, I don't want to give up now.

Thank you

Tumay

Glad you got it!

yes I think it might have been a little tight. I only had a large hook with me.

I love the 2 color look for both the instruction help and just the look in general. That might be cute for some othe pattern... purse maybe... don't need one, but super cute... scarf...

actually i think you are on the right track, except like Cindy said, the treble should be in front of the 3 dc sts. It is hard at first to get the hook into position to work in back, but with practice it gets easier.

Hi Renee, don't give up:hook Just because this pattern is giving you trouble, that doesn't mean you can't make clothes. Personally i don't like most of the patterns on the Coats website because the pictures are so tiny, you can't tell much about how things are supposed to look:(

here are a couple more references on the back cross stitch http://www.nexstitch.com/v_back_cross_stitch.html

http://www.crochetcabana.com/stitches/stitches-x-stitch.htm

Unfortunatly I dont have batteries for my camera. But I will try and explain it to you. after you tr in the 4th stitch YO go back to the first skipped stitch and dc in it then repeat in the next 2 st now your tr should be in front of your dc's and it will look like half an X. I wish I could show you pictures. Once you do it you will go OHHHHHHHH that was so simple.

Ok so the stitch says Ch 3 ,dc in next*Skip next 3 stitches,tr in next stitch,DC in each SKIPPED Stitch WORKING behind tr just made

You just go back to the stitch you skipped next to the one you worked the tr in and work the dc.

Here's one with dc and only one missed stitch (called a cross stitch), your's is just skipping more stitches.

http://crochet.about.com/library/blcrosseddc.htm

here's one, and if you have quicktime video (you should--i think every computer just has it) then you can watch the video

http://www.anniesattic.com/crochet/content.html?content_id=5

Archived