Do you prefer big or small projects?

What do you prefer to crochet, big or small projects?  

72 members have voted

1. 1. What do you prefer to crochet, big or small projects?

• Big projects
    • Small projects
    • I don't have a favourite...
    • I can't answer this question, and will post a comment. :)

I love both because the small you instantly see what you're doing and the big ones I love to do a bunch of little projects and incorporate them into a big project.

Between the time (and cost) I just can't start on any big projects at the moment. I just learned to crochet in July, when I was learning I had no interest in big projects and worked 4 days a week. Now I work full time and I have an almost 4 year old and a husband. If I don't have anything else to do I can crochet for an hour on my lunch, otherwise I can get a couple hours in each weekend.

I have a list of birthday and Christmas gifts to be made, (all smaller items, hats, gloves, slippers, washcloths, seat belt cover for an ATV, etc.), and I in September I will also be in school.

All that to say, I haven't even thought about any big projects! Next year I hope to have some more time to make an afghan or something, but I don't plan to give anything big away as a gift, so I'll still have plenty of small items on my list.

It really depends on what I'm in the mood for. Most of my projects are items like hats and scarves. I like that I can finish them quickly, but I absolutely hate being cold, so I tend to gravitate towards winter-warm items. Every so often, though, I really get in the mood to make an afghan. Blankets have always been one of my favorite things to make, whether I'm crocheting or sewing.

I like to alternate the big and small projects. :)

Lately I've been working on the Cathedral Rose Window afghan. It's not really difficult, but it is time consuming. For the last day and a half I have been working on baby hat & bootie sets to donate to my local hospital.

I do both, equally I guess, not all in one sitting however, for the larger projects, ha ha, but it gets done, eventually. Im now working on some cowls for my neighborhood group to give as favors I guess, at a winter coffee in the future. They are going well, one or two a day, and I don't as of now, have anything bigger in mind, as I just finished an afghan a couple of days ago. If I need a break from any project, I just make sqaures, granny sqaures for people in the granny sqaure CAL. Each square is like a mini masterpiece, a work of art in it's own right, and I love mixing and blending colors, never seen an ugly one yet! So I voted will comment, case you were wondering, lolIm with Happy though, don't like doing one color anythings! gets me crazy bored!

• 6 months later...

Archived