Do you prefer big or small projects?

What do you prefer to crochet, big or small projects?  

72 members have voted

1. 1. What do you prefer to crochet, big or small projects?

• Big projects
    • Small projects
    • I don't have a favourite...
    • I can't answer this question, and will post a comment. :)

(Ah, I think I spelled favourite / favorite wrong... Hehe. Well well, we'll have to live with it.)

I LOVE small, quick projects! Because, for me, it's so fun to start and finish a project. I have made two afghans in my crochet-career (hihi), and I kind of hated it. Babyblankets are not so bad. I wish I would like to make afghans though, I love looking at pictures of them, they are soooo beautiful.... I have also made one thread doily, and that was some hours of work, I must say... :-o I really, really admire people who do thread work. :)

So, what do you guys like??

I love the small projects for the instant gratification and I work those along with a large project that I know will take time. I can work on the big one until I need a break and do a dishcloth, potholder, hat, scarf, etc. and get that all over good feeling about finishing something in an evening :lol

I usually have some of both. I carry around my crochet everywhere I go. I take the large projects until they get too cumbersome (like a big afghan or a baby afghan that is getting close to being done), then I do smaller projects as well as I like to take a break from the large project.

Small projects are really fulfilling and keep me going on the bigger projects that never seem to end. :eek

I also like the instant gratification of completing a project- so small projects are what I enjoy the most- dishcloths, potholders, scarfs. I am working on a baby afghan now which isn't really a "large" project, but it seems like it is! May need to break it up with a few dishcloths in between!

I like doing both. Small ones are nice, and like said before, provide instant gratification. But big ones provide bigger gratification. I usually have a big one and several small ones when I need a change or something easy to carry. Big ones all in one color I can't handle, instant boredom for me. That is why I like stripes, strips or squares, and now tapestry crochet.

I like the idea of having a big project that you can work on in between the small ones... But I have tried that, and it always seems like I get stressed out on the big one, and feels that I have to finish it.. :S Maybe I'll try again. It's okay to have more than one project at a time, right? :P

Small projects are the best for me. I like hats, baby sweaters and other take along projects. I do afghans, but after a while, they get too big to take around any more.

:manyheart

Small projects I can take along, finish quickly and get out to someone in need. I also get bored with the big ones and it takes forever to complete when I don't want to go back to it.

I like to have a big one going on like an afghan or something while I am working on smaller ones during breaks from the large project. It keeps me from getting bored with the large project.

I guess my answer would be that I like both large and small projects equally. :hook

Mostly small. Once in a while I still do a lap "robe". I like it that small projects don't weigh much, and don't take up much space. It's easier to work on a small project.

• 2 weeks later...

I do both and my house shows it. My trouble is I have to many going at the same time, So this is what I did, you know the reclycled bags you can get at the store so you don't have platic bags all over. Well I have a project in each bag and it depends on the day as to what I do. heres my list and I know you all think am crazy but here goes

bag 1. baby balanket for new baby work on it on thursday when dad bowles

2. checked afghan quilt that I work when now one is a around its saltines

3.baby booties , when I want to feel like I have gotten something done

4 hair ties for the Relay for life

5 ribbon pins for the relay for life

6.aran toggle wrap for my mom

7.8,8,10, are blankets that am doing the edging on for xmas

11,cancer awareness squares for the afghan of HOPE

12. braclets for relay for life

and so on I have to much going onplus helping with a comfort gan

and doing swaps the days tell me what I am going to do and thats what I work on that day, now you all know am crazy be I still love you all for your time and your help:help:juggle

• 2 weeks later...

I do both, I love to make babyblankets and afghans but my real passion is tablecloths out of small thread, size 20 or 30.....I just love to make those, but when I get tired then I make doilies, and other small projects...

• 2 years later...

If pressed, I would say small but I voted the last answer to further explain. I often get bored before I finish large projects even though I LOVE them when and if I do finish them. I much prefer the instant gratification potential of smaller projects but NOT too small. I don't like to crochet ami's as I find them difficult and not a leisurely crochet project. Have to pays so much attention to counting and all. I think I most enjoy Medium-sized projects. Something like a baby blanket that you can finish with the week easily, usually in just 2-3 days. Scarves, hats, dishcloths -- they are all fun and usually simple crocheting that I find mind-calming. :)

I have 2 afghans half finished right now -- they are both simple enough but I just got bored with them before finishing. I need to finish while still excited by the project. I am a little ashamed that I have at least 6 WIP that I have not touched in several weeks. I am doing another baby blanket! I am planning this one for the local Pregnancy Resource Center. So, at least it is a good cause that jumped ahead of all of my WIPs! :)

Emerald, I love your idea of the different bags filled with different projects. I usually have a few big and a few small projects going on at once (both knit and crochet) and sometimes I wish I had a system for choosing what to work on each day. Plus it must keep all those WIPs nicely organized! I think I might try this.

I love small projects because I love (read: need) the instant gratification. LOL But larger projects are so amazing, you really get a sense of accomplishment when you're finished. I also love how you can get the pattern down with a large project and hook on auto pilot.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived