In Need

Our local pregnancy center is in need of sweater sets and booties and blankets. I can help with the Blankets but I have never done set of :thinkanything,but I can help with blankets have 3 boys and 4 girls due in May and they need these for there gift baskets that they give to the mothers to help out in there time of need ,Karen had asked me if I could help so now am asking for help, If anyone can help out here please let me know thanks for everything :hug:crocheting Jane

Jane,

I have never made a set of anything either. I stay as far away from anything with sleeves/armholes as I can..but I wouldn't think baby booties/socks would be too difficult. Matter of fact I found a pattern that looks easy and I may try it.

dandeliondreamers.com/nbfootsies.htm

Where should we mail them too??

Yeah an easy pattern would be great. I tried the one on dandelion and I couldn't get it to come out right. So I'll try to find another one. I know there are several on crochet pattern central.

I can do a sweater set. I just printed off the sweater on bella bambina too. I saw it on Lea's blog a few days ago and thought about making it. I can try and have it in the mail by saturday or monday at the latest.

that would be fine each one has a different due date and they take all of these to the hospital once the baby is born. so that would be fine they make up a very large basket with all the things they can get to help out those mothers in need.

I was looking thru my basket and I have a few baby dresses started, they are in yarn, not thread, but If I finish them and make a bonnet or slippers to go with them, could they use those too? You may end up with more than you need with everyone helping, but they could use them in the future. If they can be of use, I'd be happy to try and finish them up to mail with the sweater set. :)

Archived