Here is one of my wips ..

Goldkeeper

I kinda making it up as I go a very basic scarf ..All I wanted to do is use as much thread as possible ..:lol It is 403 stitches the long way ..I was trying to duplicate a scarf I have, made out of cotton fabric..;) and because I did not think I had the right colors I order other colors to try to match it a little better..:think

th_005-2.jpg

th_006-1.jpg

I don't know how I missed this earlier. Very pretty and cheerful, Ana! Are you knitting this lengthwise? It rather looks like it from the picture. And I was also going to ask, how do you like knitting with thread instead of yarn?

Thanks Carla

Yes, I am doing it lengthwise ..First time I am using the knitPicks 60" cable with my sz4 needles.. Since I am a thread crocheter at heart , knitting with it is great too .:yes I love cotton and the feel of it, more than wool and all the other natural animal fur/hair :shrug

Thanks Carla

Yes, I am doing it lengthwise ..First time I am using the knitPicks 60" cable with my sz4 needles.. Since I am a thread crocheter at heart , knitting with it is great too .:yes I love cotton and the feel of it, more than wool and all the other natural animal fur/hair :shrug

I love thread too! I am a novice knitter but one of the first things I made was in thread!LOL!

Thanks Gals,

This is how far I have done ..I should have finished by now :shrug but , I have been getting my veggie garden started and Spring cleaning, and a new scarf :wink

th_003-4.jpg

Here is one I started with yellow size 3 thread I found an easy lace pattern and this one is with size 2 Knit Picks needle . It is 12inches wide and I don't know how long I will make it ..:think

th_015.jpg

th_014-1.jpg

LOL, you're bitten with the lace bug, too, Ana! What pattern is your newest, the pretty yellow?

And as for length it partly depends on how tall you are and partly on your taste. I've seen scarf patterns as short as 36" and as long as, well, as long as you want to make them, so that they measure into many, many feet, not inches. One of the guidelines I often see is to make it as long as you are tall, but this is really a personal preference. Most of the scarves I see run about 60", give or take a few. How long do YOU want it to be?

I try to watch Knitty when it comes out but I don't remember this pretty pattern, Ana. It's nice. Very simple and elegant. I'll have to keep it in mind when I want something like this. Is it proving fairly quick?

Hi Carla ,

It seems very easy to me ..I still have my index cards for each row :blush and have not used a life line :sweatand not missed a stitch. I have one more row to finish the stripe scarf , then I'll continue with the the yellow one .:yes

Hi Carla ,

It seems very easy to me ..I still have my index cards for each row :blush and have not used a life line :sweatand not missed a stitch. I have one more row to finish the stripe scarf , then I'll continue with the the yellow one .:yes

No lifeline? Wow. You're getting good! I have started moving mine every 8 rows instead of every 4 but I still use it. Ana, I found a really wild way to correct mistakes which was pretty terrifiying the first time but it sure is easier than tearing out several rows. With a lifeline I can confidently take out the offending section and knit it back, knowing I won't accidently take out more stitches than I really need to.

I found a really wild way to correct mistakes which was pretty terrifiying the first time but it sure is easier than tearing out several rows.

OMG I just looked at that site I rather tear it out and start all over :eek

I think is my little bit of OCD that I have ..:lol

Thank you guys !!

I am not finished with this pattern .http://knitty.com/ISSUEfall04/PATTcozy.html..I just had to start this one http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/70337AD.html to see how it would look as a scarf and so far it looks good..:yes and yes I am working with size 3 thread and size 1 Knit-Picks needles .:yes

post-6068-13589740536_thumb.jpg

post-6068-135897405364_thumb.jpg

Archived