Sign in to follow this  
faithpa76

Can anyone put this into plain English for me?

Question

I'm looking at a pattern and it seems easy enough BUT I'm trying to figure out exactly how to do this - if someone can tell me how many loops I should have on my hook before joining the clusters together I would be eternally grateful - you will be saving me precious time and energy, lol! I'm just not sure quite what "half closed" should mean - that would mean I'd have two loops for every "half closed" dc, right? So for the cluster of 2-dc, I'd yo and pull it through 4 loops? And for 3-dc, it would be yo and pull it through 6? For the cluster of 5-dc - that would be 10 loops?? Is that right?? Or am I missing something? :huh

Here's the part of the pattern I'm looking at:

Cluster of 2-dc: 2 dc (half closed and joined tog) worked across designated ch's or dc's.

Cluster of 3-dc: 3 dc (half closed and joined tog) worked across designated ch's or dc's.

Cluster of 5-dc: 5 dc (half closed and joined tog) worked across 5 designated ch's or dc's.

I can't get the link to come up right for some reason - it's the Super Fast and Easy Crochet Throw on the lion brand website if it's easier to go look - here are least is the link to Lion Brand

I guess it isn't so "easy" until you know the lingo! :rollin

Thanks!!

:)

Faith

7 answers to this question

Here's the part of the pattern I'm looking at:

Cluster of 2-dc: 2 dc (half closed and joined tog) worked across designated ch's or dc's.

Cluster of 3-dc: 3 dc (half closed and joined tog) worked across designated ch's or dc's.

Cluster of 5-dc: 5 dc (half closed and joined tog) worked across 5 designated ch's or dc's.

Leave the last loop of each stitch on hook,

2 dc cluster = 3 loops on hook, yo, draw thru all 3 loops to complete.

3 dc cluster = 4 loops on hook, yo draw thru all 4 loops to complete

5 dc cluster = 5 loops on hook, yo, draw thru all 5 loops to complete

I sure hope this helps you out.

I guess where I'm confused - you yo and pull through two loops, then yo and pull through the last two loops to finish the stitch (or I've been doing it wrong all this time) - so how do I end up with one loop and an unfinished dc?

I'm sorry, I know I'm being really dense. :(

Wait wait - I'm looking at a diagram ... assuming I've already pulled up my loop, I yo, pull through two loops, then yo again and pull through one ... so I'll always have one more loop than the number of dc?? Have I got it??

Amber - I'm not working on anything quite yet, just trying to see if I can muddle my way through the Super Fast and Easy Throw (can't remember if that's the name) on the Lion Brand site.

:)

And wait again ... :rotfl

I figured it out. I was thinking of a tc (yikes). I'll be yo, pulling through those first two loops, then going on to my next stitch, doing the same until I have the right number, then yo and pull through the number of dc in the cluster plus the original loop.

This'll teach me to try and read a pattern with a 2 and 4 year old yanking on me! :D

??

I figured it out. I was thinking of a tc (yikes). I'll be yo, pulling through those first two loops, then going on to my next stitch, doing the same until I have the right number, then yo and pull through the number of dc in the cluster plus the original loop.

:cheer2 :cheer2 THAT'S IT! :cheer2 :cheer2