Filet Afghan & Pillows Published

fran

The photo in Crochet World didn't show much of the afghan so I thought someone might like to see what all of it looks like. The middle pic was taken from the upstairs railing to show more of it. The pillows were designed from the four shell designs of the corners.

SandcastleAfghan.jpg

That's awesome! I just learned filet and bought that magazine a couple days ago specifically for that pattern. Thanks for showing us a good pic, I thought it was kinda weird how you couldn't see it at all in the magazine.

Fran-

Wow!:yay I hadn't realized this was YOUR design:cheer:cheer:cheer I am very impressed! :clap I couldn't understand why the photo didn't show more of the afghan design though:think

It is just beautiful and you should be very proud! I had already saved that as a future project (even before I knew it was yours LOL;))

Have you published other designs in the past?

Thank you, Courtney. I've only submitted 4 patterns. They have been published in Crochet World. The first was a little over a year ago--Clop (a horse) and the variation Ali (unicorn). The second was a Halloween afghan done in the afghan stitch, then in April there was Misty Baby Turtle.

OMGosh! The first Crochet World I ever bought was the one with clop on it. I was so excited to see a crocheted horse that I had to learn how to crochet. It is a wonderful pattern!!! And Misty is adorable too. Great for you, I am so excited to find out who designed them. Awesome job!!! Keep up the great designing!:clap :clap :clap

Thank you, Courtney. I've only submitted 5 patterns. Four have been published in Crochet World. The first was a little over a year ago--Clop (a horse) and the variation Ali (unicorn). The second was a Halloween afghan done in the afghan stitch, then in April there was Misty Baby Turtle. The fifth I submitted was the Bratz doll clothes which they rejected. I guess four out of five isn't too bad.

Oh wow! I have the Halloween one and the baby turtle saved out, I didn't realize they were yours- I am soo impressed! I feel like I know someone famous now! :lol LOL! You do wonderful work!:clap:clap

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you so much for posting the pictures. I picked up the mag in Pittsburgh when I was visiting our kids and grandkids. We don't have any mags out here that I can find. :ohdear

I am part of a filet exchange with a limited size so I took one of the shells and did it in a 4tr block of #10 and it came out beautifully.:manyheart

• 7 months later...

Fran, I have been trying to find your baby misty turtle pattern everywhere, but I can't even get the issue of Crochet World it appeared in on ebay. Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks,

Nicole

Archived