My 1st Show & Tell

mclendon1

I never thot to take pics of my work till I found my way to the 'Ville! I've never done this before, so I hope my pics post right.

I just finished this for my FIL. He came to the States for the 1st time in 20 years last fall, to spend time w/ my DH. While he was here, I was finishing up a Granny 'Ghan for my BGF. He asked if I would make one for him (I took him seriously). I aked his fav color, he said "beige", I asked his 2nd fave color, he said "beige". GRRR. I couldn't bear a solid beige afghan! I hope he will like the colors I used.

It's a simple HDC VStitch, alternating stripes w/ ILTY Linen & High Sierra Ombre, then a border of 1 row SC, & 1 of HDC w/ Linen. It wound up 40"x60"

It left the USA for Derbyshire, England today! OBTW, it cost me more in postage ($39.50 OMG!) than the yarn to make it cost!

102_0557.jpg

Really great afghan !!!! I'm sure he will use if often and thus remember his trip to see you. What a lovely thing for you to do !!!!! Thanks for sharing.

The afghan arrived yesterday in the UK. Here's my DFIL's Email:

Hi hon,

It came today at 12:30. The afghan is beautiful,it must have taken you ages to make. Thank you. I haven't got a new lady friend yet so the afghan will come in handy in the winter.

love dad.xx

I'm so glad he liked it!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived