Twinings Lace Stole - Finished (Scroll down...)

HomekeepingGran

Here is my current WIP, Twinings Stole by Anne Hanson. The yarn is KnitPicks Shimmer in Cumulus, a smokey grey. I'm about halfway through but am having major trouble with one of my hands and plan to see a doctor this week. I'm not sure what that will bring but I guess it could be a while before I finish this so I thought I would let everyone see a smidgen of it roughly pinned out on a chair. Anne comes up with the prettiest patterns and I love these leafy things.

P3190585.jpg

The stole looks great Carla :yes..I hope your hands start feeling better soon ..I get get a shot of cortisone every couple of months because the arthritis gets so bad on my hands that I really can't do anything .:angry

Thanks, everyone, for taking a look and your nice words. I bought a pretty shawl pin in pewter with this stole in mind for whenever I finally finish it.

This week is so crazy it will probably be next week before I can manage to see a doctor for my hand. Ibuprofen to the rescue, LOL! It doesn't stop the pain entirely but it dulls it at least. Isn't it wonderful that we have helps like that we can buy and use without having to see a doctor first? I'm grateful for it.

• 4 weeks later...

Thank you, ladies! If all goes well I should finish up knitting it today and I confess, I'm excited!

And thank you for the interest in my hand, classic crochet. The doctor put a corticosteroid into it last week and it's better but not well. "Better" is splendid, compared to where I was, although we may still decide I need minor surgery on my trigger finger. You know, one of those deals which used to be an office procedure but now you have to be admitted to the hospital for outpatient surgery? :rolleyes

Done! Here's the proof:

Off the needles, looking rumpled and forlorn

P5110557.jpg

Blocking

P5120559.jpg

Isn't it scrunchable? :manyheart

P5130568.jpg

It won't go with any current clothes, but my house can wear it!

P5120560.jpg

Carla it's beautiful .I was thinking of buying the pattern but then I was :thinkof all the lace books I got in the past months :yes and then I started to put post- it tabs on the things I want to make :eek

For some reasons I want to get as many scarfs or stoles done before fall and winter comes :wgrin

Archived