Look What I've made from yarn magic balls.

moomooo

Hello to all:

Well here is what i've been up to lately after making magic ball from scrap yarns and odd balls of yarns that some ladies here donated to me for my charity donations...

These Scarves will be going to one of the members here that has a charity project ongoing.

I will for sure be making more of these to donate.

th_magicballscarf2.jpg

th_Magicballscarf3.jpg

th_MagicballScarf1.jpg

Thanks for looking and thank you ladies that have sent me your spare yarns... See they get put to use right aways...

Hugs

Lillibet

Such nice colors and patterns!! Wonderful that you are donating them!!

But can you explain what a magic ball is ? How does that whole thing work? Thanks.

Thank you ladies for your kind words... The scarfs really look funky for teen girls heck i would wear one too and I'm 48...

Now Arlinka a magic ball is just taking your scrap yarns or odd balls of yarns that you dont have enough to make big project with and you tie them all together and wind a ball and when you have a big enough ball you crochet with it it will make really cool effects in the crochet project.

Then if you crocheting a afghan for example one lady here take her magic ball yarn and one strand of a solid color and crochets with them together and makes the most prettiest afghans ...

I hope i explained it a bit ..I'm sure others can explain it better than I.

hugs

Lillibet

Moomooo- Thank you so much for the explaination !!!!! :hug

Right now I am on "medical leave" from crocheting because of an extra piece of wrist bone that is cutting into my tendons & ligaments & I must stay immobile. This is a great time to go thru my stash and take out all the little balls to tie together to one big one. I am going thru crochet withdrawls :eek, so this will make me feel like I am doing something to set up for a future crochet project as well as cleaning up too.

Thank you !!!!!! :manyheart

Great looking scarves!! :clap (During the holidays, dh and I went into a "high end" dept. store. I was "drooling" at the purses when I walked by these really neat looking scarves!! They seemed to also have used the "magic ball" yarn method, BUT they didn't weave in the ends, they left them!! And I think these scarves were priced at $40-$50!!) :eek :eek

Dear Arlinka:

Yes go thru your stash and even if you got yarns you dont like the colors pull them out too and wind them into that ball.. and Like i said you can make afghans, or scarfs fr the scarfs I use the magic ball strand and a solid yarn strand and they come out nice and thick and not heavy either..

I also use this method for the kitty beds and doggie blankets for my charity donation

soon I will begin to make some toys for doggies with squeekies inside for those I use the double strands as well...

I also plan to make some scrappy bears and toys as well to donate too....

Another member here crocheted some potholders too in this method and they turned out cute as can be...

hugs

Lillibet

Hi Oliveoil:

Wow I can imagine a scarf like this selling for that much ... yeez mine got even some fancy fur yarns in there so they are sort of mixed media and I just love them...

I know the teens will get a kick out of them they go great with jeans too...

Thanks for the kind words;

hugs

Lillibet

Cool Scarves! I like to use the magic ball/solid color method to make scarves too..I hadn't thought to combine different sections with a coordinating or contrasting color.. neat idea! I've made one scarf with a pattern much like yours, with the rounded ends..I need to work on it some more...I neglected to mark the end of the first round properly, so my scarf is off-kilter. I kept it for myself(Remember how Maria kept the ugly dress that the poor didn't want in The Sound of Music?!?)..I still get compliments on it though.

Archived