Sweet Lorraine scarf

LEaD

I love this pattern so much. Does Doris Chan design anything that doesn't look good? :lol

It was very difficult for me to get a good picture of this on me. Sorry. :(

3411829447_9991b689ce_m.jpg

The Sweet Lorraine is a beautiful pattern with the scallop edge worked in along the length of the scarf. The pattern allows for a skinny or a wider version, so one can make either a scarf, shawl, or afghan depending on the number of repeats.

Yours looks lovely.

Edgehill

That is just beautiful, got to find the magazine with that pattern in it now:).

I have a friend whose name is Loriene, different spelling from the pattern but anyway, she is battling cancer and is in another state. I think I'll fix one up and put it in the mail to her.

The pattern is found in the Fall 2008 Interweave Crochet magazine and the designer is Doris Chan. It can be purchased from the site here

http://www.interweavecrochet.com/issue/2008/toc-fall-2008.asp

For inspiration and great ideas about colors and yarn types, go to Ravelry and see the 95 Sweet Lorraine projects that have been posted on this very popular scarf. (including my own)

Edgehill

What a pretty scarf! I am regretting more and more that I didn't have a subscription to the magazine that the pattern was in every time I see a project created from it. You did a fabulous job!

Archived