goldenj32w2

Sweet Pea Shawl

Well, finally gave in and gave it a try. I have looked at this pattern many times and was intimidated by the long stitches in it. (mine never seem to turn out just right) In the process of trying to make a shawl for my step daughters wedding in June I decided to use this one. I made it with Caron Eco in white with an I bates hook, but I had read here on the forum how to increase the size, so I started out with a 242 chain. I am on the rather fluffy side and wanted it to be plenty big. And it ended up just that way. Still I am not sold on the stitch, think maybe if I would have used a regular treble it would have looked better, my stitches are a little puffy looking, it does not lay just right to me, but it still turned out nice.

Thanks for looking!

Judy

sweetpea.jpgsweetpea2.jpg

It's beautiful! There's also the Fancy Fans Stole which is the same concept but in a rectangle shape. But this is beautiful!

Thanks priszm, I have tried that one too, and ripped it out. Maybe I should have been more patient LOL I am thinking to try that one and adjust to make a shrug out of the rectangle.

Judy

Judy it is lovely! How big did it work out? I've never managed to get to grips with this pattern.

Judy it is lovely! How big did it work out? I've never managed to get to grips with this pattern.

I started with the 242 chain and an I hook with the Caron ECo and It is 24 shells wide and about 74" wide and about 51" long

Edited by goldenj32w2
change sizes

So beautiful!

:1sheepBeautifu shawl !!! Thanks for sharing !!! :rabbit

Just lovely, and perfect for a wedding! Great job. And no one but you will think the stitches are anything but amazingly complicated. Patty

All I can say is if you got something wrong with the pattern, it sure doesn't show! It's beautiful!

I think you did an outstanding job! It's perfect for a wedding

Beautiful work!!

it looks beautiful. wonderful job.