request for chemo caps

mva5493

Let me first start by saying to the moderators, if this is in the wrong place please move it, not sure where this request should go.

I would like to request caps or hats for my sister's MIL. She has had a rough time of it the last 5 years or so. I made her a rainbow round ripple ghan, and although it was not a traditional comfort ghan, my sister and I worked on a letter to enclose with the rr. I explained to my sister how everyone here makes squares and donates them to whatever cause or individual we feel could use a little comfort. At the time I made the round ripple this lady was dealing with the loss of her ex-father in law. She was a caregiver to him throughout his own illness and then death. She was involved in a severe auto accident about 5 years ago, and has had to have malignant tumors removed 3 times. She was undergoing chemo at the time of his death last year, and I just thought she could use something to cheer her up.

But anyway since then, the cancer has returned and she is currently going through an experimental chemo. She is having a hard time dealing with the hair loss. My sister says that now she doesn't even want to comb or brush her hair because she is afraid more will fall out. So since my sister knew about all the wonderful people here, she asked me if I would make a request for hats of any kind for her MIL. I am making several myself, but would welcome any help you can give.

Thank you for letting me ramble,

PM me your address and I'll work up some caps for her. Here's hope she does well on her therapy.

Thank you for helping.:hug

I have made some caps with fun fur that kind of look like funky colored hair. They were made for a girl about 26 years old and she loved them. I continued making them loads of them for the younger generation and have a few left. They could be a little too wild for your MIL but if you think she would like them, PM me.

I have made some caps with fun fur that kind of look like funky colored hair. They were made for a girl about 26 years old and she loved them. I continued making them loads of them for the younger generation and have a few left. They could be a little too wild for your MIL but if you think she would like them, PM me.

thanks for helping. She is a bit older than 26, but she loves bright colors so I pm'd you.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry it has taken me so long to respond, crazy week. I have received packages from heart, Dancing stitches, and CindyBMW.....They are all great and I think just right. I am adding the ones I made and will be taking pics as soon as I receive/finish the rest. Thanks again to all that responded!!!:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug To all of you!!

• 3 months later...

I wanted to update this post a bit. First I wanted to thank each one of you again for sending hats not just from me but also from her family. I am updating this post with a pic of the finished hats as well as where they are now. I am sorry to say that the lady these hats were made for has now passed away. She loved all the hats, but unfortunately didn't get the chance to wear many of them (outside her home). Her funeral services were July 29,2009. My sister explained first the comfortghan that I made for her in 2008 http://s127.photobucket.com/albums/p122/mva5493/?action=view&current=DSCN4137-1.jpg

and that when the cancer returned we wanted to do something to cheer her up. She explained about crochetville and this request for hats (I also including tags for all the hats). So each of her children and grandchildren wanted one, and the grandchildren wore them in her honor at the service.

So I just wanted to say thank you again from myself and each of them.

http://s346.photobucket.com/albums/p403/mva549308/?action=view&current=HPIM0224.jpg

Archived