Fairy's Fairy CAL

heart

I thought this would be a fun CAL to do with the possibility of donating the "toy" like items at the end of the year to a Christmas for Children charity. I don't really have a specific charity in mind, maby there will be threads requesting toys for kids for Christmas, or a local charity you have. Also, there are patterns that are doilys, or starched that aren't toys. This CAL will feature them all. Angels are welcome too. Sprites, and flower to buy. Anything "Fairy" like. I've had this idea for awhile. I made the Flower Children pattern in ww for my baby for her 1st. Birthday and she loves that little fairy (flower) more than all the other toys. So, if you like to make toys, donate to charity, or just like to make sweet little things, jump on in. I'll post links to a few of my favorite patterns. Some may be on Ravelry. I'll check to see if they have a blog link for the free patterns too. Post your own links to your favorite patterns, and photos too. :hook

For Free

Angel Peep It is #12, down the page, there is a crochet and a knit version. Really cute, flying PIG too. lol.

Baby Snow dragon This is so adorable and could be for a boy or a girl. :)

Amigurumi HK Fairy Kitty (free ravelry download, I don't know if you have to be a member of ravelry to get it... ?

Too Cute Dolls (not really fairys but cute)

Flower Children

Fairy Tales at your Fingertips

Brain Slugs ok, not fairys, but you gotta have something for little boys too

Sleepy Sarah Free ravelry download

Dragon

Little elephant (adding a few for boys)

Lily Field Fairy Free Patterns dot com pattern, about half way down the page

Needlenoodle sprite pattern (pdf)

Free Baby Toy

Loop Baby Toy Ok, not a fairy or angel type toy, but something for baby that is safe, and if you will be donating toys at the end of the year for Christmas, this is a cute idea for baby. :)

**These are patterns for sale, they are cute. I did a crochet fairy search on ravelry and lots poped up. Most were to buy. Still looking for more free patterns.

Cupcake Fairy Doll **NEWLY ADDED

Kristies Kreations

Delicious Crochet Simple too cute!

AmigurumiParadise To many cuties here to list..fairys, mermaids, bunnies, angels....

Little Fairy

Stitchy Make sure you say English Translation, it's available for free on ravelry if you read French

Owlishly **There are so many here, I just listed the site

Faith

Pillow Pixies

Fairy Monkey

Marnie

Zugs

Arianna Mermaid Doll

Books Dream Toys

Be sure to Check out these links from our fellow Fairys!

Super links from Kaylana!! Thanks! Bunches!!!!

More Super links from Auntienan! Thanks!

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi! I just love Fairies. I collect Various figurines. I love to crochet and this would be fabulous. I'm new and have looked and looked at the CAL'S. This one is just down my alley. So...if it is okay with you I will join in. I work odd hours and I might be slow,but I'm faithful to a fault. Let's have fun!!!

:jumpyay !!! Welcome to you all!! We can do this all year, so take your time and have fun! I know I will, now, if my baby will let me..... :D She loves everything that is crocheted, she just flocks to crocheted stuff. Mabey I will actually get to donate some of my fairys, probably I will have to put them up somewhere. (she's 15 months)

Yay!!! Great! I'm glad you all are joining in. :woo I'm hoping to work on a few of the free patterns listed then mabey by the end of the week or just after Easter, buy 1 pattern, now, deciding which to buy... :D

I may be leaving for Kentucky tomorrow instead of friday. I'd like to spend the week with my mom, the kids are on spring break this week, so If I don't post for a bit, you'll know why. I'll leave an update on my blog incase we do take off in the morning. ;)

Yay!!! Great! I'm glad you all are joining in. :woo I'm hoping to work on a few of the free patterns listed then mabey by the end of the week or just after Easter, buy 1 pattern, now, deciding which to buy... :D

I may be leaving for Kentucky tomorrow instead of friday. I'd like to spend the week with my mom, the kids are on spring break this week, so If I don't post for a bit, you'll know why. I'll leave an update on my blog incase we do take off in the morning. ;)

Have fun in Kentucky! I hope to take a mini vacation there sometime soon. My Dad is talking about maybe moving there. He's currently in Idaho, but feels he is to move back this way. He's looking for property in 3 states, including Kentucky.

I added an angel peep in the free section and a baby loop toy at the end of the free section too, I know it isn't a fairy, but if you are donating toys for Christmas, this is a safe toy for a baby. :woo

Have fun in Kentucky! I hope to take a mini vacation there sometime soon. My Dad is talking about maybe moving there. He's currently in Idaho, but feels he is to move back this way. He's looking for property in 3 states, including Kentucky.

I love Kentucky, it's a beautiful place. :)

That pattern is adorable! I have some toy links saved but wasn't sure what you wanted or what is "ok" to post. Can Free Patterns.com links be posted?

Sure! I posted 1, the Lily Fairy (?) but it takes you to the main page, so you have to click on the pattern you want. All toys are welcome, because by donating them at Christmas, we will all be "Fairys" :D

Ok, Here's the flower and the baby bee. I made the wings b/c the pattern said to embroider them, and I wanted wings that stood up. Here you are, I didn't make the little boy sprite yet.

(they are clickable)

th_1238972506.jpg

th_1238972454.jpg

th_1238972401.jpg

This is such a great idea. I have a ton of similar patterns in my Ravelry queue. They're all free patterns, but I think there's at least one (maybe more) that aren't in English but come with charts that don't look too hard to decipher. I'll link them here and if you want to add them to the list that's fine with me! (When there is one I'll post the off Ravelry link instead, for the people that aren't members there.)

Sally's Angels These are angels, not fairies, but they're adorable. There's also several different ways to customize them to look however you want them too.

Sprite on Crochet Me This little Sprite doesn't have wings, but she's still cute as a button, and if you wanted her to be more fairy than sprite adding wings wouldn't be too hard.

A little baby doll Scroll down to the "Morgan" baby doll for a cute baby.

Amigurumi Spider This is one for the boys! It's such a realistic spider that I'd strongly suggest against clicking on the link if you're really scared of them. I'm usually not that scared of them and it's still kind of creepy looking to me. My eight year old brother would absolutely love it though.

Dragonfly By KristiMN right here on the 'Ville. Not only is this a cute pattern but you could use the wings from it to "fairy-fy" something else.

Little Witch A very small and cute little witch doll.

Totoro! This is such a cool pattern. I've had it bookmarked for a long time. It looks a lot like Totoro from the movie My Neighbor Totoro.

Kitchen Witch Doll This is a very friendly looking witch. Kitchen witches are traditionally hung in the kitchen for good luck. I've got a couple of them that my German grandmother insisted I had when I moved out on my own. I'm so used to seeing them that I wouldn't recognize a kitchen without one.

Dragon Applique A very simple dragon sillohette.

Crysatal Chronicles Style Moogle this is inspired by the Final Fantasy video games.

Tiny Cthulhu Proof that even Elder Gods can be small and cute. I think there's one wth wings on it too. Yet another pair of wings that could be added to a different doll.

Ole Witch Hazel Another witch doll (I give my love to the not as nice fairies too.) This one is very classic witch with the green skin and hooked nose.

Whatsit Is it a bunny? A mouse? A bunny-mouse? I don't know, but I know that it's really cute.

Simply a Gnome and Happy Mushroom Scroll down just a little and you'll see a free patterns bar on the right with both of these patterns in it. The gnome reminds me of the Travelocity commercials, even though it's shaped much simpler. And the mushroom was just cute and happy looking.

The Golden Snitch This is a small winged ball inspired by some very popular books. Mainly I linked it for the wings. They're probably my favorite pair so far that you could add to other dolls.

Striped Tights Doll This is a very pretty doll that isn't a fairy at all. But it's still very pretty.

Bitty Babies These are very small and cute babies.

Snuzzle This itty bitty bear is really cute to start with. His little sideways smile makes him so endearing to me. I think he'd reach killer levels of cute with wings added on to make a fairy bear.

Moogle Another moogle inspired by the Final Fantasy games.

Fire Sprite This guy reminds me of Howl's Moving Castle, one of my favorite movies.

Tospy Turvy Red Riding Hood and Grandmother doll This is so cool. The doll turns into the other doll when you flip it over and invert her skirt. The pattern used thread, but I don't see any reason that you couldn't make a much larger one by just using a different size yarn and hook.

Ishtar Doll (possibly NSFW) This is a more grown up looking doll. In this picture the doll isn't clothed, but is only as realistic as the typical nekkid Barbie with her hair knotted into a pony tail that I"m sure most of you have somewhere in your house (or have at least seen at other people's houses). It's a very pretty doll that you could really do a lot with. You could even replace all those Barbies with crocheted dolls if you made her a wardrobe of some sort.

I got a little link happy there and I apologise if no one made it this far. Not all of them were fairies, but I think most of them were at least fantasy related. I know they were all toys. Once I finish some of the stuff that I'm working on (comfortghan for my stepdad, he just had a bypass, and a pirate pillow for my brother that's been collecting dust for a month or two) I'll have to join in and make a couple of toys too. I love stuff like this.

I hope you can use some of the links! There's a ton more toys in my queue on Ravelry if anyone that is a member there wants to browse through it. The link to my notebook is in my signature.

Yay!!! Thank you for more links!!! I will put your name with a link to this post in the first post so it will be easier to find. This afternoon or evening when I have more time I will add all of them 1 by 1. Thanks for them! Yay! (I'm a pattern addict, I have so many printed off, and probably won't be able to make them all, but I like to have a choice as to what to make, same with photos, I can't stop looking at photos of others work. :jumpyay

This is such a great idea. I have a ton of similar patterns in my Ravelry queue. They're all free patterns, but I think there's at least one (maybe more) that aren't in English but come with charts that don't look too hard to decipher. I'll link them here and if you want to add them to the list that's fine with me! (When there is one I'll post the off Ravelry link instead, for the people that aren't members there.)

Archived