Any good wedding gift ideas!?!?!

Frangipani

Question

Hi all!!! There's quite a few weddings coming up and I'm looking for some ideas of what to crochet. My only thought was a nice afghan (cuddle blanket) and maybe I could find out the colors of each couples wedding.

Can anyone help me out?

Thanks!!!

Bec:fall

9 answers to this question

hmm that is a good idea .. or how about some crochet dishcloths and kitchen items ?? there is nothing like a good cotton crocheted dishcloth in my book anyway .. and you dont have to worry about colours .. i make mine white so they can be bleached if the need arises..

or you could make two lapghans.. one for her one for him .. maybe less time consuming than a big one ..

or a table cloth if that is their style..

Guest SamplerLady

Dresser scarves, table runners, placemats, napkin rings, trivets, coasters, hot mats, towel toppers (I especially like them on a bit bigger towels for the bath room-alleviates the "please hang up the towel" argument), pillowghans (easy storage). mmouseplus.gif

I made two afghans for two different weddings.

There is a picture on my web site, Wedding afghan you have to click custom ordered afghans.

I made one larger than the other, because it was for my cousin who is very tall.

The pattern is the May pattern from a book of afghans book 11.

But, you might want something smaller. :D

Oh, it's the one under the American flag. Same pattern as the bottom one.

Amber

Thanks Rebecca

It turned out so pretty and was fairly easy to do as long as you follow the chart . It was the first and only filet project I ever made , but hope to do another one someday .

juliek

If you do thred crochet you could make some towel with pretty thread crocheted trim on them or one of those pretty filet crocheted name projects. Of course a baby sweater for the future:wink I'm sure they'll appreciate anything you make.

a "do not disturb" pillow sign to hang on their bedroom door!! you can make it either in sc or tunsian and then cross-stitch the words on later, maybe use some fun fur in the wedding colors around the edges? this wouldn't take as long as a lapghan, and would definately get some laughs as well! :heart

~Rebecca~

WOW!!! Awesome ideas! Thanks so much for all the beautiful suggestions! I'm still having trouble finding decent yarn here in Sydney :mad It's very frustrating. Good thing I brought plenty from home!!! :knit

Thanks again!!

Bec

Archived