Redheart.com Question

yarnhookncandle

I am having a problem viewing their webpage. The far left side of the page is cut off on my computer screen. I tried to maximize, doesn't work. Anyone else having this problem? What am I doing wrong :think

Looks like it will be a nice site. I see "forums" listed but no forum so I guess some things are still under construction.

I'm having some problems with their website as well. I'm using Firefox on a Mac. Their home page loads in just fine but when I go to view any of their yarns, the page is messed up and things print over each other. It's impossible to read but the pictures, for the most part, are fine. It's the slider thingy that you choose a yarn from that prints smack in the middle of the page over other words and photos. I don't think it loads correctly. :think

My problem with the website is I think it's still a work in progress. Some of the features still aren't activated; at least the last time I checked.

I'm not happy with the web site either. It is so slow to load and I also have items cut off the screen and there is not way to adjust and see it.

Hopefully in the future the site will be repaired and up and running at a reasonable speed. For now I dont have the patience for it.

Try updating to IE 7 or 8. Six is pretty outdated, wasn't really compatible with a lot of webpages and that could be your problem. Also, the newest version, IE 8, has a feature that allows you to show webpages properly if they were designed for another version.

ok here goes i just did this i have had to do this a few times with other sites ok dont be scared it works and you just set it back when done

go to my computer then to appearance and themes then go to display in display go to settings youll see some colored boxes and it shows 32 bit etc go to the left side where there is a bar it says less more and will have the numbers 800 x 600 pixles slide the bar it will go to 1024 x 768 click on that and click apply dont get scared your screen will go black for a second then a it comes back everything is smaller and it will ask do you want to change this yes no hit yes and then go into the web site everything is smaller but its all there when done just go back to display and change it back to 800 x 600 pixels and again hit apply black screen and the yes no box hit yes all done as i said it does work and ive had to do it i have grand daugters with webkinz their site does the same thing on my settings the reason why some dont have the trouble is because their pixels are already small this will help and dont be scared to do it pm me if you need help

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
I use Firefox and it's working okay for me. What version of Firefox are you using? I have 3.5.3.

It says 3.0.14, and So I am going to go update now and see if that helps, I did updates a few weeks ago, and have had this problem since the site went up, but now it wants me to upgrade to 3.5 so I will go do that and see if it helps!

I use Firefox and it's working okay for me. What version of Firefox are you using? I have 3.5.3.

Ok now I have 3.5.3 and in the new newsletter when I click on a link it tries to d/l default.asx still :/

Any other ideas?

I should add directly from the web page, when looking at a pattern and I click on "View printable pattern" it does this same thing.

I did not have a problem but if the page is spread to far you can make it smaller bottom far right side there is a magnifier on internet browser page which you can choose from 50% to 400% click on the triangle button and try the size needed. I had to use this on another web site and it worked for me. I used this many times a handy tool when you need to see things in a diffrent size. Hope this helps.

Is anyone else still having this problem? I can't open any pdf or link on redheart.com's web site with firefox. it tries to save something.asx or default.asx instead of the full path/pdf.

I can't find any info on it on mozilla or redhearts site.

i was having the problem with the file format as well and looked around online for a way to open the file. one suggested simply renaming the file after you save it, so that it had a .pdf extension, so i tried that and it worked like a charm. so, for example, when i'd download a file, it would be called 'default.aspx' and i would change it to 'vest.pdf', or whatever i wanted to name it, and then i could open it without any problem. as long as you have adobe (which is free to download if you don't), you can open the pdf file.

it's a bit of a pain to do it, and maybe there is some way around it, but you have to rename each file after you save it, because every file i downloaded was named default.aspx. so whether it's patterns or the newsletter, save it, then rename it, then go on to the next file you want.

i was having the problem with the file format as well and looked around online for a way to open the file. one suggested simply renaming the file after you save it, so that it had a .pdf extension, so i tried that and it worked like a charm. so, for example, when i'd download a file, it would be called 'default.aspx' and i would change it to 'vest.pdf', or whatever i wanted to name it, and then i could open it without any problem. as long as you have adobe (which is free to download if you don't), you can open the pdf file.

it's a bit of a pain to do it, and maybe there is some way around it, but you have to rename each file after you save it, because every file i downloaded was named default.aspx. so whether it's patterns or the newsletter, save it, then rename it, then go on to the next file you want.

*THIS* Absolutely worked! Thank you so much AuntChar!

I am sure its a mozilla issue, but this is a relative easy fix!

Hugs

Kath

you're welcome! it was driving me nuts because i could never download anything from their website. it's funny this came up because i only figured it out a couple of days ago myself!:)

Archived