Another Pair of Socks (Child Size)

Mom w/a Motif

I knitted these for our six year old son. I want to make a pair for each of the kids (now that it is getting into spring/summer.... :blush) I used a pattern from a book I have called 'Folk Socks', they are just basic socks but I didn't know how to do them for kids. This book tells you how.

th_002-45.jpg

I used 'Wildfoote' in the 'Master Grey' colourway. I got it at an LYS in Traverse City, MI (back when we lived in Michigan, we used to go up to Traverse once or twice a year...) He wears a size 13 shoe. They fit him perfectly!

th_005-12.jpg

The only thing I had a problem with was this:

th_001-75.jpg

No matter HOW tight I pulled my yarn where the dpns met, I still got this hole. It has happened to me a couple times before. (I sew it up later, but...) Does anyone know how *not* to get it in the first place? :think

Thanks for looking!

Tina

That is why I refuse to use dps anymore....once I started with working with 2 circulars, those problems disappeared. Great looking socks.

Wow!! Nice looking socks!! (I had to teach myself how to use DPN-:eek, and the only time I use them is when I make hats and you have to go from circulars to dpn).

Archived