SHOL's Comfortaghan

Mandii

Thank you for all your help. If you don't see me here much for the next week it is because I am busy trying to put all of these squares together before mother's day. I will do my best to get all the squares posted after I border them all and then I will post pics of the final afghan and my mother when she receives it. :manyheart to all of you for helping me.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thank you for all your help. If you don't see me here much for the next week it is because I am busy trying to put all of these squares together before mother's day. I will do my best to get all the squares posted after I border them all and then I will post pics of the final afghan and my mother when she receives it. :manyheart to all of you for helping me.

That's great, Donna!:clap

It's going to be beautiful!!

I sent out two today, one from me and one from my brother's girlfriend. THey would have been nicer but she just learned to crochet ( i actually had to teach her how to make a granny square for this) and I couldnt find the one I had started.

• 3 weeks later...

Okay.. you guys are going to get the biggest kick out of this. As it got closer to Mother's Day it looked like I wasn't going to have enough squares to do an afghan big enough:eek so I asked all of you for help and I took your suggestions to border them. Now when I started bordering the squares I had less than 20 squares to border so I figured I would border them from 8 inches to 12 inches so I could make a big enough afghan. Well in the last week or so before Mother's Day the post office decided to stop holding all your squares hostage and as of Mother's Day I had over 40 squares and have received more since then. So.. since I had already started bordering them I decided to continue and give the box of squares (both bordered and not bordered) to my mom for mother's day along with all of the handwritten notes that you had sent. She was so touched that she cried and cried and refused to let me take a single picture because her makeup was messy. But she said that when I am done bordering them she wants to take a picture with each persons squares and then again with the final afghan. So just so you know I am over halfway through with bordering and hopefully will get some time to put them together and border the entire afghan before the end of the month. I just wanted you all to know how very touched she was.:hug:manyheart and :ty to everyone who helped me make this a reality for her. :yes

• 11 months later...

Okay. This is one of the few times that I ever have a chance to get online so I am finally putting up the pictures of the finished SHOL comfortghan.:cheer Hope you guys like the finished product. :yesMy mom certainly did.:manyheart:hugThank you to all of you who sent in squares. The tags that you see on the squares have the names of the person who did the square so that my mom knew who they were all from.

post-27010-135897524476_thumb.jpg

post-27010-13589752448_thumb.jpg

post-27010-135897524483_thumb.jpg

My mom says to all of you thank you and to let you know that she will be getting thank you notes out to everyone whose address that I had and gave her as soon as she can. Again thank you all for all the squares.

Archived