SHOL's Comfortaghan

Mandii

Hello to everyone who has grown attached to our SHOL (aka Daugherty's mom). As we have all read recently, she has been having a lot of problems with unexplained pain, so I came up with the idea of making her a comfortaghan.

Everyone who wants to participate in making this for the lovely SHOL can make any square their heart desires, I only ask that they are 8" squares.

The SHOL likes blues, rose, and mauves. Daugherty will let us know of anything else she likes, since the SHOL is hard to get information from. Feel free to post pictures of any squares you make for this.

Also, she loves getting mail, so if you do get her address from Daugherty, dont mention the comfortaghan to her. It's a suprise. We're going to try and have this done for Mother's Day, for our lovely adopted SHOL.

For those who are wondering what the heck I am talking about, the original thread can be found here:

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=96499

Contact Daugherty4inNC for addresses

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As a recap, we are to send the squares to Daugherty4inNC to put together, right? I know she has a lot on her plate, but we have to help her with her stashbusting score :blush:lol

:mug:cat:yarn

Great! I may make another one of these to send too.

IMG_0752.jpg

I used Simply Soft: Lite Country Blue, Country Blue, Dark Country Blue, and Heathers Victorian Rose.

Gah, I made one and the picture showed it as a square, then I followed the directions and it came out a hexagon

I have made 3 and they are going in the mail today. Pics are below, I used Red Heart in white and a shade of blue- NOT purple like the pictures show.

scan-1.jpg

scan0001.jpg

scan0002-2.jpg

She is gonna love them Lindsay

I definitely love them Lindsay and my mom (SHOL) is going to love them too. :woo Now getting excited waiting for them to get here :woo

If you still need squares PM me your address. I have a solid blue and a solid white I found hiding in the bottom of my crochet bag. :hook

Definitely could use more squares. addy on the way

Thank you everybody for all your hard work and Doubly thank you Mandii for everything you have done getting this started. She had a really bad day yesterday, but seems to be doing a little better today. She tried to get outside Saturday and pull up weeds and do some gardening by herself :eek instead of calling and asking for help. My DS17 was over there mowing the lawn for her and when he saw what she was doing he made her stop and called us so we could come finish it. But by the time he saw her she had most of it done. :P So yesterday she was in lots of pain. When I asked her why she was doing yard work, she said that since my son was doing yardwork for her that she had to do something so she didn't feel like a taskmaster. grrrr... like I told her.. he is 17... she isn't. (muttering under breath) stubborn, independent, gotta do it her own way, mule-headed............:rant:sigh

Stubborn SHOL. I didn't get the letter out today, so I'll take a walk over to the post office tomorrow or maybe I can get there before it closes tonight. I made her a thread bookmark since you said she likes to read Donna.

I also mailed the SHOL a nice letter and some info about my area that I thought she might like.

Thank you very much for doing that.

Also I received the first two squares from Carrie (ctawq) today. They are gorgeous. I hope she posts her pictures up here because I think it would be rude for me to do so since it is all her work. Thank you Carrie for the squares. You guys just don't know how much this is going to mean to her.

Donna....I'll send your mom a note or card, too...should I send it to you to give to her?

I'm off and running for the day: my bimonthly grocery shopping trip with FIL. He'll be 92 this August and other than being depressed because he's alone(and beginning to look "old"), he takes care of himself. We have a cleaning service that comes every 2 weeks. It's an hour each way for me...and at 60, I'm no spring chicken, either:lol There's something to be said for our Eastern European heritage.

I would like to make a few squares for your mother as well. I know just the square to do. I will get back to you when I have them done. Everyone enjoy your Easter weekend.

Archived