Wool Eater Afghan CAL

Here's mine through round 14. I think I'm starting to get a little bit of slant too, but I'm just going to carry on.

Oh its just gorgeous in those colours.

I can just see the slant its not as apparent as mine. Maybe I should have used a 4mm that it called for instead of using a 5mm hook.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

me too! that was really helpful! I am just finishing up a round rippleI have to turn in tonight for a charity auction. Almost done and then I can get back to my wool-eater!

Well I finished a ghan for the Charity Along so I had a space on my roster.

This is kind of tricky to learn. I was glad to see those tutorial pics she had.

Ok guys... we need to get our stories straight. If anybody asks... Darski did not start one of these ghans with a very pretty tangerine colour and a creamy aran yarn. :no Nope didn't happen

:rofl :rofl :rofl

My lips are sealed ;) (but just between you and me and everyone else on the ville - you held out a lot longer than I ever could have hoped to...)

so i just started this a little while ago and i'm getting the hang of it. working on row 3 now. i'm using red heart super saver in pink and brown. its not like i needed anothe project lool since i have a million WIPs but its such a nice pattern i had to try it out! i hope you guys dont mind me joining in

I am just curious about the name of the ghan. ...so far I don't think that I am eating up the yarn. How are the rest of you doing with using up yarn for this as you get further out? I think I had better use my tangerine colour again soon if it does eat the yarn.

And at the end of row 6 my 'square' is about 11 inches. (I am using a 6.mm hook with various WW yarns) Is that size about where y'all are on this pattern.

I really like this so far. :dreaming

Oh, about the tilt... maybe if you start in a different corner for each new colour it will even out over all... Just a thought.

I'm happy to be using some yarn from my stash but i'm sure i'm going to have to go out and buy at least 1 skein of the coffee colored yarn since I had 2 pink and only 1 coffee. I used pink as the first color and the coffee is already used up more then the pink. i'm doing 2 rows pink 2 rows coffee all the way throughout. now i'm on row 9 so its moving along :)

I hear you! I also had way too many wips to start this, but I just couldn't resist...I absolutely love the pattern when I saw it! So welcome! Your colors sound great, can't wait to see how it works up!

so i just started this a little while ago and i'm getting the hang of it. working on row 3 now. i'm using red heart super saver in pink and brown. its not like i needed anothe project lool since i have a million WIPs but its such a nice pattern i had to try it out! i hope you guys dont mind me joining in

I am now on row 23, so thought I would post a progress picture. This is such a great pattern...it has been going slowly just because it has been a challenge to get in some crochet time lately!! How is everyone else doing?

100_0732.jpg

Wow! It's looking great!! :clap:cheer I love the colors you're using. I'll post a pic of mine shortly. I haven't got as much done as I would like but it's coming along. :yes

Well, here's mine so far. It's kinda cock-eyed. I have no idea why. I start the new colors at different corners, too. Oh well. :(

th_wooleater-1.jpg

:cheerCherri Welcome Back!! :cheerI have been praying for your recovery and it is so good to see you back on the 'ville! I love those colors on your wool eater...they look great. A lot of people are having problems with the twisting and I am not sure what is happening. They are turning out beautiful just the same!

:cheerCherri Welcome Back!! :cheerI have been praying for your recovery and it is so good to see you back on the 'ville! I love those colors on your wool eater...they look great. A lot of people are having problems with the twisting and I am not sure what is happening. They are turning out beautiful just the same!

Well thank you, you're so sweet! :hug About your wooleater, when you do your 8 or 12 trebles, do you do them in the closing stitch as you would with any other cluster or do you do it in the space made by the 1st chain? Do you even know what I'm talking about? :lol I'm doing mine as I would in the top of any cluster but now I'm wondering how it would be the other way. Does this question make any sense whatsoever? It must be all the meds. :lol:lol

I am just curious about the name of the ghan. ...so far I don't think that I am eating up the yarn. How are the rest of you doing with using up yarn for this as you get further out? I think I had better use my tangerine colour again soon if it does eat the yarn.

And at the end of row 6 my 'square' is about 11 inches. (I am using a 6.mm hook with various WW yarns) Is that size about where y'all are on this pattern.

I really like this so far. :dreaming

Oh, about the tilt... maybe if you start in a different corner for each new colour it will even out over all... Just a thought.

Hi Darski: I don't feel like I am using that much yarn yet but I still haven't gotten that far into the project. I guess we will see, but with all the triples, I imagine it will take quite a bit! I am using an I hook (5.5) and at row 6 mine is 8 inches. I crochet pretty tightly too. I will definitely go with a larger hook for the next one because I would like a softer feel on the next one.

I am now on row 23, so thought I would post a progress picture. This is such a great pattern...it has been going slowly just because it has been a challenge to get in some crochet time lately!! How is everyone else doing?

100_0732.jpg

That looks awesome. How big are you planning to make yours. Mine is coming along slowly - and will only make it to baby blanket size - hopefully about 36", but I've still got a ways to go.

That looks awesome. How big are you planning to make yours. Mine is coming along slowly - and will only make it to baby blanket size - hopefully about 36", but I've still got a ways to go.

Not quite sure how big I will make this one. I just plan to keep going until I am happy with the size or run out of yarn...whichever comes first.

100_0732.jpg

Oh its just gorgeous and yours is not slanting why is this so. Its really annoying me how my is slanting so much.

Well, here's mine so far. It's kinda cock-eyed. I have no idea why. I start the new colors at different corners, too. Oh well. :(

th_wooleater-1.jpg

Cherri love the colors and yes mine is slanting heaps as well.

Well thank you, you're so sweet! :hug About your wooleater, when you do your 8 or 12 trebles, do you do them in the closing stitch as you would with any other cluster or do you do it in the space made by the 1st chain? Do you even know what I'm talking about? :lol I'm doing mine as I would in the top of any cluster but now I'm wondering how it would be the other way. Does this question make any sense whatsoever? It must be all the meds. :lol:lol

I do them in the closing stitch I think. Maybe thats the problem.:think

How is everyone going with their wool eater.

Hi, I was just wondering the same--hope everyone is doing well and enjoying their wool-eater project! Things have been so busy here as I am sure it is with all of you and it has been hard to get to crochet as much as I woud like!!!

Here is a quick update before I get busy in the garden! It is a beautiful spring day and we mean to make the most of it!

I am working on row 27 right now

100_0734.jpg

I also started another. this time I went up 2 hook sizes to a K hook and as I finished row 6, it measured 9.5 inches. I am making this one for a friend in her favorite team colors...scarlet and gray for Ohio state!

100_0733.jpg

I am loving all these ghans. Unfortunately, I have been committed to WIP Week so I have not put time in on mine but it is going to the top of the list when that WIP thingy is seen to (well, more seen to :wlol )

Contrary it looks great. I was wondering how you get yours to not look slanted. Can you show a close up of yours so we can see where you do your stitches in the clusters.

Oh and my daughter she is 14 has learnt to do this and loves it.

My daughter is up to her 5th color now. :cheer

Where is everyone are you all eating wool :lol

Come on dont give up now.

I need answers to my slanting, maybe I should email the designer of the pattern she might know why its doing that.

I'm still working on mine a little here and there. I'm on round 18 so it's coming along slowly. I really like that I don't need to refer to a pattern constantly - you just keep doing the same thing - but it doesn't get boring either. I'll try to get an update pic up here later today.

Archived