Wool Eater Afghan CAL

I just discovered the pattern for the wool eater afghan and fell in love with it! There have been several Crochetville members who have made this and it is absolutely beautiful. I have seen it made as a baby blanket or a full sized afghan so there are lots of possiblities…even a pillow would be fun! I am going to start this one and wondered if anyone would like to join me. I am actually starting on two…one for a birthday gift and one for donation to a silent auction so I need to get cracking on this project. I will be using WW Red Heart on one and Bernat Berella, also WW on the other. Thank you somersetgirl for bringing this pattern to my attention!!

Here is the link for the pattern:

http://sarahlondon.wordpress.com/2009/08/25/wool-eater-instructions/

The flickr group where people have shared photos of their wool eaters:

http://www.flickr.com/groups/795003@N25/pool/

Here are some of the beautiful ones already made by ‘ville members:

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=97565&highlight=wool+eater

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=86070&highlight=wool+eater

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=82051&highlight=wool+eater

Hope some of you will join in! :cheer

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am going to try this one. I will probably start this weekend. I have 2 baby blankets I need to finish and this will be next on my list. I have all next week off so I should be able to make lots of progress and put a big dent in my stash.

Thanks for reminding me about this pattern.

Hi Jennifer and welcome! I just made a start on the first one and am on row 8. I am beginning to get the hang of the pattern and intend to start the 2nd one and try keep them both going at about the same pace...at least I hope! that darker color is a forest green although it is hard to see in this picture! Look forward to seeing your color selections and progress when you get started!

100_0659.jpg

I love the look of this one and will have to keep it in mind as there is no way I can start any other projects right now LOL

• 2 weeks later...

I love this but I don't think I have the yarn to make it work. You would need a goodly bit by the time you get to the last rounds... :think

I have to do charity squares next weekend but maybe I can see what I can scrounge from my stash to try this later.

:manyheart

:drool

Aussie: that looks great! It took me a few tries to get going too, but now is running smoothly. It is fun to see it unfold as you add the colors!

Darski: hope you can join us too! I had just ordered a bunch of yarn for an afghan without hasving a definite pattern in mind and this one came along or I would be in the same boat! I loved this pattern at first sight and was anxious to give it a try!

Hi everyone

I really like this pattern and its just great for getting rid of scrap yarn isnt it. This is my progress so far, just started and needed some help from my friends to work it out but now its easy peasy.

th_P4120046.jpg

I am in, as soon as I finish a couple of shawls...soon I hope. I have a lot of simply soft that would work nicely for this pattern.

:hiHello!!! I started one of these blankets today. Aussie talked me into it. :rofl Just kidding, it's really a beautiful blanket. :yes Anyway, I thought I'd join in your CAL. Here's a photo of what I did so far today. It's being done in the Lakota colors and will be donated to Pine Ridge Reservation when it's done. :)

th_Wooleater1.jpg

Progess has been slow, but only because of a lack of crochet time! Love this pattern...it is easy and unique!

wooleaterprogress.jpg

Love your colors!! :yes

here is an updated photo.

th_P4150049.jpg

It's very pretty, Wendy! :yes

I got a few more rounds done last night. It sure does eat that wool. It's a downright glutton. :lol

Thanks Cherri for the warm welcome. Now to think of a color scheme, I have all this leftover neon bright colors from a RR, that or hot pink and white, Hmmmm decision decisions. I will post later after I have decided. Thanks for letting me join in.

Thanks Cherri for the warm welcome. Now to think of a color scheme, I have all this leftover neon bright colors from a RR, that or hot pink and white, Hmmmm decision decisions. I will post later after I have decided. Thanks for letting me join in.

Both sound really pretty. I can't wait to see what you decide. :yes

Hmmmm, this is really tempting - the thing is I'm actually trying to finish something before starting something else - for once! I have several afghans going already and there's a chance I'll actually complete a couple of them - but this one sure looks fun.

:sunIt is a beautiful spring day here in Nebraska!

Sorry, everyone, I have been MIA! I had a kidney stone which resulted in a visit the er and it took me out for a few days! Not a fun experience. :(

:wooI was so excited to log in here and see so many joining in!

Stormdrac: :welcomeSimply soft would be wonderful for this afghan and I can’t wait to see your color choices!

Aussie: wow! The colors are so bright and pretty!:cheer

cherri: :welcomeThe lakota colors are gorgeous! I loved your “Signs of Fall Quitghan” you donated to Crafting for a Cause (and I immediately ordered that book!) This one is going to be a beautiful afghan as well and I am sure they appreciate your generous donations.

Ladykats: welcome, I am so glad you joined:clap! Neons would be great too! can't wait to see what you decide on!

bgnagy: I hear the temptation calling to you...hope you cave in!:spin

I love seeing all the different color choices! Time to get cracking and make some progress here too! Happy crocheting ladies!:hook

:sunIt is a beautiful spring day here in Nebraska!

Sorry, everyone, I have been MIA! I had a kidney stone which resulted in a visit the er and it took me out for a few days! Not a fun experience. :(

:wooI was so excited to log in here and see so many joining in!

Stormdrac: :welcomeSimply soft would be wonderful for this afghan and I can’t wait to see your color choices!

Aussie: wow! The colors are so bright and pretty!:cheer

cherri: :welcomeThe lakota colors are gorgeous! I loved your “Signs of Fall Quitghan” you donated to Crafting for a Cause (and I immediately ordered that book!) This one is going to be a beautiful afghan as well and I am sure they appreciate your generous donations.

Ladykats: welcome, I am so glad you joined:clap! Neons would be great too! can't wait to see what you decide on!

bgnagy: I hear the temptation calling to you...hope you cave in!:spin

I love seeing all the different color choices! Time to get cracking and make some progress here too! Happy crocheting ladies!:hook

:eekOuch!!! That must have been so painful! :( I hope you're feeling better now. :hug

Thanks for letting me join in. :yes The Lakota colors are nice. It's coming along. Thanks for the compliment on the quiltghan. It did turn out nice. :yes And, it sold as soon as it was put in the webstore. :) More propane for Pine Ridge. :clap:clap

I'll post pics as soon as my wooleater gets a little bigger. :yes Thanks for the welcome and I hope you continue to feel better every day. :hug

I received a sign from the yarn gods - the color I needed for the next row on the afghan I've been primarily working on... thought I had another skein in the stash, but I'm fresh out of it. So rather than make a run to the store, I dug in my stash to find some colors to start a wooleater - (I'm just too easy...)

I received a sign from the yarn gods - the color I needed for the next row on the afghan I've been primarily working on... thought I had another skein in the stash, but I'm fresh out of it. So rather than make a run to the store, I dug in my stash to find some colors to start a wooleater - (I'm just too easy...)

Gotta love those yarn gods. :lol So what colors are you going to use? :)

Archived