Elvish Ear Warmers-- free crochet pattern

Elvish Ear warmers

Needed:

2 rubber bands or hair elastic, one to fit around each ear

Small amount of Creamy White Worsted Weight yarn (or color of choice – aren’t elves pale?)

Size I/9/5.50MM Crochet hook

0331090441a.jpg

0331090442a.jpg

With sl st on hook, attatch white yarn to rubber band or elastic. Double over elastic if necessary: it needs to be tight enough to stay on the wearer's ear.

Row 1:

Ch 3. 13 DC in rubber band. 1 TR, 1 DTR, Ch 2, sl st into top of 1 DTR, 1 TR, 7 DC sl st into top of beg ch 3. 0331090513a.jpg

Row 2:

Ch 2, DC2tog 5x, 3 DC, DC2 tog (2nd half of this stich is in the ch 2 sp at the top of the DTR of the previous round – or the point of the ear), 4 DC, attach with sl st to top of beg ch 2 sp.

Row 3:

ch 2, DC2tog 7x, attach with sl st to top of beg ch 2 sp.

Row 4: Sl st across opening to close gap in middle. Finish of. Pull ends to inside.

0331090514a.jpg

Repeat for other ear.

0331090726a.jpg

Give to your favorite "Elvish Impersonator".

Ha! LOL! Sorry... I only have little boys that think Legolas is cool. No Orlandos! My oldest is still bugging me for the "arrow holder" (ie sheath) to go with his bow and arrow set: "Legolas has a holder for HIS arrows"! Gotta love these little ones!

I love these ëars". That is so totally cute. Wonder if a little one I know would like some :think

I would also love to see a crocheted quiver... now that would be way beyhond neat. I have a couple of Pringles containers that might just fit inside for safety's sake. more :think ing to do on that one.

Cute. Now if only I could get Orlando Bloom to come model them at my house.....

Sigh...me too! :manyheart

Those are so adorable! Uh, handsome, I mean handsome. :hook

• 4 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Oh, this is perfect. My son wants to be Link from the Legend of Zelda games for Halloween this year, and he has pointy ears like an elf. I'm going to (haven't started yet) make him a green tunic and hat and shoe covers to make them look like boots.

Thanks for the pattern!

Archived