(Another) Breast Cancer Comfortghan (See last entry)

nanmeyers

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you so very much. I just talked to my friend on the phone and she has to start her Chemo treatments the first week in May. She needs to go every other week for 4 one hour treatments.. Then every other week for 4 four hour treatments.....after that some kind of experimental chemo. After those she needs to go everyday for 28 days for radiation treatments.

They already told her she would lose all of her hair, eyelashes and eyebrows after the first chemo treatment.

It's going to be a long road and I would really like to have this finished before she starts treatments.

THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR HELP!!! :manyheart:hug:manyheart:hug:manyheart:hug

This is what I have finished so far. I made 7 of the 12 inch squares in the center and 2 of the eight inch. The others all came from you great gals! I have to add 2 more 8 inch to the top row and 5 to the bottom. If you don't see your square I haven't received them all yet.

[/url]

th_100_1275.jpg

th_100_1274.jpg

Dobermama and Karen from VA I received your squares today. With the 12 inch from Dobermama and 2 eight inch from Karen I think i can add another row to this ghan! Thanks!:woo:jumpyay

Dobermama and Karen from VA I received your squares today. With the 12 inch from Dobermama and 2 eight inch from Karen I think i can add another row to this ghan! Thanks!:woo:jumpyay

Oh, thank you for letting me know. I was so worried it had gotten lost in the mail!!! Glad I could be of some help.

Has anyone else sent me squares that I haven't received yet. I'm trying to figure how many I'll have to make for the last row on this ghan. Dobermama I have your 12 inch and one of my 12 inch that I'm making into a pillow. I hope thats ok with you.

I am so very sorry i did not see this thread in time to help dear. I have also been fighting darn Headaches like everyone else it seems!

But I do want you to know that I will be praying for your friend and family.

and you are doing a great job on the comfortghan:hug

All of the squares are joined. I'm starting the border tonight. I'll post pictures as soon as it's finished. I really want to have this and the pillow finished before Thursday. I'll be taking her to an appointment and will give it to her when we get back to her house.

Thanks again for all of your help!!!

I am so sorry! My son has went through strep 3 times in the past 2 months and is now teething and we are working on potty training and moved him to his big boy bed in his own room and it has been crazy. I really wanted to send one.

Please forgive me...???:blush

Shana ...please don't worry about it. I know where your coming from. This week my oldest granddaughter (15)came down with mono. Her sister ( 10)had an allergic reaction to an insect bite. It's just been crazy!! :loco:loco

I gave to ghan to my girlfriend when she was getting out of my car last Thursday after I had taken her for her appointment to set up her chemo treatments. About a half hour later she called and all she could say was Oh! OH! She is going to write a note to thank you all. She can't believe that people that never met her care. She said she kept reading the tags over and over and couldn't believe where everyone was from.( I did add a tag if you didn't have yours tagged with just your crochetville name and state.) I'm sure you'll be hearing from her soon.

Thank you all again!!!!!

I'm so glad she liked it and that she felt the love..

Joyce

I gave to ghan to my girlfriend when she was getting out of my car last Thursday after I had taken her for her appointment to set up her chemo treatments. About a half hour later she called and all she could say was Oh! OH! She is going to write a note to thank you all. She can't believe that people that never met her care. She said she kept reading the tags over and over and couldn't believe where everyone was from.( I did add a tag if you didn't have yours tagged with just your crochetville name and state.) I'm sure you'll be hearing from her soon.

Thank you all again!!!!!

My cousin sent me this email today. I can't say that it works or it doesn't work,but if you check with you doctor before you try it.... it might be worth a try.

Checked this out on snopes.com and it says that the status is undermined whether its true or not. Since it does not say its false I think I would consider doing it if I had cancer. I'm passing it on so you can decide for yourself.

This may be worth doing, it sure couldn't hurt anything!

Subject: Asparagus and Cancer

http://www.snopes.com/food/ingredient/asparagus.asp

Archived