(Another) Breast Cancer Comfortghan (See last entry)

nanmeyers

Hi everyone... I hate to ask for help. I like to be the one helping but a dear friend of mine has just been diagnosed with breast cancer. It's really scary to see how many gals are working on these breast cancer comfortghans. Everything has happened so fast for her in the passed 3 weeks it unreal. She is scheduled for a double mastectomy on Wed. April 1 and then will need both chemo and radiation treatments after that. She's trying to act really brave but I know she's scared to death. If any one can help me with with 8 inch pink and white squares I would be very greatful.I would also like to include some with the breast cancer awareness ribbon if anyone could help with that. I'm using Caron Simply Soft in soft pink and RH SS in petal pink here but anything in pink and white would be fine. If you could please tag them and add well wishes,your crochetville name and your state that would be terrific. I think it will boost her spirits when she see's how many people really care. I'll pm you my address if you can help.

Thanks in advance,

Cindy

I decided I could use either 12 or 8 inch squares for this and make it work. Thanks to those who already said they will help.

I still need squares if anyone else can help. I'll post pictures of waht I have so far a bit later.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

TY crochet! You're really fast. I'm fighting a bad sinus infection right now but did manage to get one for Shana ready to mail. Thanks again. I'm just starting with this project because everything happened so fast for her. Her surgery is today so will everyone please send up a little prayer! :pink:hug

I got the square made, washed and was blocking it when I discovered that I messed up one side of it - I single crocheted where I should have doubled - - DANG IT!

She doesn't deserve anything less than my best so I'll start another one tomorrow and the earliest I can get it in the mail will be Saturday.

would love to help pm me with the address so I can get them out to you I went though this in aug.08 and I under stand how she feels and what she going though Thats part of why I started the Afghan of HOPE was to honor all of those with it and the ones that have passed from it pm .Jane:hug

I'll gladly help out. Do you want 12 or 8? I have a ribbon pattern I did once and I think I can replicate it. Let me know (it's 12, but I think I can do 8)

URL%5D

th_IM001213-1-1.jpg

URL%5D

Joyce

Joyce,

Thanks sooo much for helping. The one in the picture is wonderful!

I've been working on 12 inch squares. I'm thinking I can surround the 12's in the center with 8's if people prefer to make those. So which ever you like is fine. PMing you now.

Cindy

Archived