toddler abc in pink

jura2908

i used caron one pound and a 5mm hook for this. it used about 3 skeins. it will be going in a baby shower basket for when the baby is a toddler.

th_pinkabcafghan.jpgpic is clickable

i have a second one in the works in the same color. dd's bf sister is expecting a girl so she wants one to give to her.

Wow, that turned out beautiful!! (I was going to make that for my 5 yr. old granddaughter for Christmas, as she had just started Kindergarten):blush!!

my 8yo still curls up with hers for reading time. she reads each night for an hour before lights out. she has been using it for 6 years so far and it still is holding up wonderfully with weekly washing due to allergies. in the summer she takes it out on the grass to lay out on it.

Love it! I made it in pink a couple of years ago and couldn't get all my bobbles to pop out on the same side. It looked a little funny, but I didn't care. Seeing yours has me thinking it might be time for another one. I used One Pound pink, too, and a J hook, but wonder if I should go up to K this time. What size hook did you use? Mine was a little on the stiff side, but I crochet tight, so it copuld totally be my fault.

Patty

B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L!! Thanks for the pattern link! I didn't realize that it was made in 1 piece, I assumed that they were individual squares that you joined. I don't know that I would have the patience to make it in 1 piece, I dislike long rows - it makes me feel like I'm not getting anywhere :)

Thanks for sharing!

Kris

thank you all. i used a 5mm (h) hook for it. i get 14 sc to 4 inches. when i make it i have all my popcorns fall away from me so they are already on the right side of the work. no need to push them through at the end this way. i have also done it in bernat softee baby for a baby sized afghan. with the bernat i used a d hook.

Archived