Comfortghan for my Stepdad - Blanket finished and pictures posted!

Kaylana

I've gotten four squares in the mail so far and they're all wonderful. Thank you all so much for help. I'll take pictures of all the squares and of the assembled afghan once I get everything together. :hug

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to let you know the Dave's square just went in the mail :clap. Hope it's ok, I blocked it but it didn't work out to well :think. I'm sure it will be ok once it's joined with the other squares. Hope Dave is continuing to do well. Have a great week. Andrea :hook

Just wanted to let you know the Dave's square just went in the mail :clap. Hope it's ok, I blocked it but it didn't work out to well :think. I'm sure it will be ok once it's joined with the other squares. Hope Dave is continuing to do well. Have a great week. Andrea :hook

Thank you so much! As soon as it comes in I'm going to figure out the layout for all of these awesome squares and start joining. I'm sure your square will be just fine. David is continuing to recover, but is still no where near 100% of course. He's been cold all the time since his surgery, so now I'm doubly glad that I decided to make him an afghan.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I finally managed to finish up the blanket and get it delivered to David! He's absolutely thrilled with it and hasn't taken it off his lap since I gave it to him. It really touched him and my mom to know that so many people were thinking of them. My little brother was also feeling very proud of his contribution, he helped me arrange the squares and somehow managed to keep the whole thing a secret for an awful long time for an eight year old boy. I couldn't have done it without all of your help.

Unfortunately in the hectic process of trying to get it together quickly and having a younger helper on hand I wasn't able to keep up with who contributed which square. If you get a chance you can check out the album on my Photobucket. I've taken pictures of each square. I'd appreciate it if you'd remind me which ones you made so that I can give proper credit. http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v51/blueinsideout/Crochet/Dolphin%20Comfortghan/?albumview=slideshow

But I know that you're all really here to see the pictures, so without further ado, here they are! The first picture is the whole blanket laid out on Mom and David's king sized water bed, to show the size and to show the layout. The second picture is David with his blanket. Their little dog Debbie is sitting next to him, and so is my three year old brother Dawson (not the one that helped, but approves of the whole situation :lol)

David is on cloud nine over his blanket :c9 and has even taken it in the car with him a few times. Once again, I can't thank all of you enough for you help and kind words.

post-11056-135897402454_thumb.jpg

post-11056-13589740246_thumb.jpg

Wow, good work everyone! Your little brother did a great job laying out the squares :yay I just wish the squares I made with the footballs hadn't curled up to look like oreo cookies.

Archived