Mission trip to Ukraine updated website in post 102

Daugherty4inNC

I'm glad you got the package & thank you for your kindness. :hug

Went to Dr today and still can't crochet for another 4 wks. :angry

This is killing me !!! :)

To everyone - all your crochet work is absolutely beautiful !!!!! I know in my heart that everything will be well received and treasured by those that get these items.

Blessings to the team that is going over to distribute the items. Would love to see followup pics of the Ukraine.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:hug:hugI know you are going to have all your stuff set out and ready for as soon as the doctor says you can crochet. And we will be waiting to enable you. :hook As far as getting pictures something tells me that won't be a problem once Billy and Mary see all the stuff that is coming their way.

I'm glad you got the package & thank you for your kindness. :hug

Went to Dr today and still can't crochet for another 4 wks. :angry

This is killing me !!! :)

To everyone - all your crochet work is absolutely beautiful !!!!! I know in my heart that everything will be well received and treasured by those that get these items.

Blessings to the team that is going over to distribute the items. Would love to see followup pics of the Ukraine.

Yay! That's great! I will try to do more to.

Arlinka, Wow! That's a huge help. I'm sure! Those items are surely needed by everyone, and the little cars are great because to a child, sometimes the toys are the most important thing. Building hope and lifting the morale of these kids is the most important thing to their survival. Absolutely great job! :)

Okay. I received a whole lot of items yesterday. We went through everything and photographed it all at once. Here they are.

These squares and hair pieces came from Woomba all the way from Australia

th_P4282657.jpg

These squares and skirt came from CrochetbyDiana

th_P4282661.jpgth_P4282662.jpg th_P4282663.jpg th_P4282664.jpg

These squares, blankets, and washcloths came from JoyceC.

th_P4282665.jpg th_P4282666.jpg th_P4282667.jpg th_P4282668.jpg

Again thank you to everybody who sent items. I will be taking the first shipment to Billy and Mary tomorrow. Thank you so much for all that you have done. Please keep the items coming through to the end of June.

I've got 3 sweaters done, working on some socks and other things, too.

You can see pics of the sweaters below.

Wonderul work - where did you get that pattern??

Thanks, they're so easy, quick and fun to make!

The basic sweater can be found HERE.

On the pink and white one, I did ruffly cuffs, as found in THIS VERSION.

There is also a "filled-in" version available HERE.

:manyheart

Thanks so much - I saved the links!:hug

BTW.. delivered the first shipment to Mary. She was extremely busy and had somewhere to go so I didn't get pictures of her with the stuff but she said that she will make sure there are pictures taken of the children of the Ukraine receiving it. She just hopes there will be enough money to ship it all. They are shipping by container ship along with craft supplies, clothing, excersize equipment (soccer ball, footballs, jumpropes) that they won through a contest they entered, medicine and lots of other things. Please be praying for them that God will make sure they have plenty of money for shipping. If any of you feel led to make a donation to help with the shipping or anything for this team please send your donation to

Billy and Mary Nixon

Ukraine Mission Fund

c/o Center Hill Baptist Church

P.O. Box 159

Tyner, NC 27980

This is the church that Billy and Mary go to and it is where the fund is set up. If any of you want to donate to Ukraine Challenge to help all the teams then go to http://s92.photobucket.com/albums/l29/apachekidsrus/moms%20comfortghan/?action=view&current=P4102609.jpg

I am going to try and post a picture of one of the boys that is coming back to the USA with the team this time so that he can receive surgery on his legs and back and also because two of the team members are adopting him. I want you to see the type of people that your donations are helping. Mary also let me know that the age of the children has changed. The orphanages now have children in them from as young as FIVE DAYS old up to 18 years old. So if any of you would like to send baby items also please feel free to do so.

In the Ukraine regular people are taught that people with disabilities are inferior and sick. They are encouraged not to associate with them. That is difficult in the orphanage because there are children who are disabled along with children who aren't. Part of what the team does is to get people from the local areas to help with the children from the orphanage and they help teach both the villagers and the orphans who aren't disabled about disablities and they help changed taught mind sets. This is Dmytrch who our team is bringing back and has helped get into a specialized school for the disabled. The first video is when the teacher walks out of the room and He asks "Can we play now?" Pay special attention to how he watches her all the way until she leaves. This is the kind of young man that your donations are helping The male voice you hear in the background is Billy

th_MVI_54902.jpg

th_MVI_54981.jpg

th_MVI_54961.jpg

I am in the process of getting some other pics and video from last years trip to the Ukraine so you can see more of what it is like. Thank you all for everything you are doing here. It is sooooo hard to express in words what it means to me, to Billy and Mary, to their team, and what it will mean to the Ukraine orphans.

• 3 weeks later...

Just wanted you all to know that I received a thank you note from Billy and Mary this week letting me know that the first shipment went out and how very much they appreciated all you are doing. I have received some more packages and will get pictures posted as soon as I have a little extra time. I aplologize to those of you who have had questions that I haven't answered. The only packages that I have received was a larger 2nd package from Woomba containing squares and other items and a package from Judianne. I will post pics of those items soon. Billy and Mary want all of your names and addy's so they can appropriately thank you. I told them that I had all of the names and addy's off the packages but I would have to check with you. If there is anybody that doesn't want me to pass along their name, addy or both please pm me so that I don't cause a problem. Thank you for all the help that you have given on this project.

• 5 weeks later...
Anymore updates on this project??

Yes the mission team is leaving around July 5th for two weeks in the Ukraine. They have all the items that have been sent and will be sending me pictures when they return so that I can post them for you to see. That is the latest updates that I have.

I have four scarves that I made for Special Olympics (blue and white) and misplaced and didn't send them. You're welcome to them if you'd like. Just pm your address and I'll send them.

I've been down and out for quite awhile, but having better days the last few. Couldn't even crochet a chain. Muscle battles then vertigo still a little un-balanced but able to crochet short periods. smile

Taking me much longer to make anything. Curious if there is an address in the Ukraine that items can be mailed directly so the mission doesn't have to spend additional S/H.

Don't worry about sending anything else because it will not reach here in time for it to go on this mission trip. If anything else arrives it may go next year or if they make a second trip around Christmas. Thank you all for all your help and as soon as they leave I will let you know and hopefully will have some updates for you as well as pictures. :yes:hug:hug:hug:hug:manyheart:manyheart:manyheart:manyheart to everyone for all they have done.

Archived