Mission trip to Ukraine updated website in post 102

Daugherty4inNC

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
okay..I want to help, but what is a pm and what is an addy and how do I find out where to mail these items...

I just saw this thread today...and I should of known you are the angel sweetie!!

sandy

Donna reads this thread and she will probably reply here or pm you. A pm is a Private Message in your in box on the user cp page. There is a link at the top left of the screen that says User CP, click it and it will take you to your user page. On the left side of the screen will be a list of options, you can choose New message, or send new message, and type in Daugherty4inNC, Her user name, type your message and send, and she will reply when she logs on. She will be glad for the help. It's a good mission. :) (an addy is a mailing address. addy for short)

Hi! I found your church's website and I like it. link: http://rockyhockbaptistchurch.org/index.htm

I'll see what I can find for you.

yep that is us. We haven't had our website going for long. It is only just around a year or so old and so we are still working to put things for our different ministries up there

Okay everybody help me keep this thread going to help the mission team. Please pass along this information and my address to anyone who you think can help. Lets help this mission team have all of the things they need and more.

The group that my church works through is Ukraine Challenge and I have added their website to the bottom of the original posting. The team that goes from here is the Nixon team. Billy and Mary Nixon head that up. They are working on creating their own website to share the details. But you can get an idea of what they do. They are building a church and childrens' home as well as working with the orphanages. Go check it out

Just checking in. I have a few hats and scarves made as well as a few things for babies, dress, going to start a sweater too. I'll be making more to add to the box to mail to you, just checking in with a total for now. :)

Donna, I just got my yarn organized to make some scarves...

Awesome, organization is always great regardless of what you are doing with it. :)

Just checking in. I have a few hats and scarves made as well as a few things for babies, dress, going to start a sweater too. I'll be making more to add to the box to mail to you, just checking in with a total for now. :)

Thanks. I appreciate you letting me know what is happening. :hug

I put my stuff in the mail today..should have it my this weekend..thanks for letting us help a little.

sandy

Cool I love stalking the mailman. Thank you for helping:manyheart

I don't think I'll be able to get much done for a May shipment...but will get some things out ASAP.

Not a problem. Get done what you can when you can before the end of June, beginning of July. They will make sure it gets there. :hug

Received 2 more packages today. The first came from CapeCodAssignments(Sandy) and contained 6 of the most beautiful girls hats of different sizes. Thank you so much for these. They will most definitely love them th_P4122615.jpg

The second package came from Barbara Bradford and contained 21 Mens hats, 21 Womens hats, and 21 childrens hats for a total of 63 hats. It also contained 6 squares, 6 headbands and 1 beautiful scarf. Thank you so very much Barbara. This was a fantastic gift.

Men's hatsth_P4122613.jpg

Womens hatsth_P4122611.jpg

Childrens hatsth_P4122612.jpg

One big jumbled of pile of hats, scarves, headbands and squaresth_P4122614.jpg

Thank you so much everybody for what you are doing. Keep the items coming. These kids so need what you are sending. Thank you so very much.

Happy Easter

Right now I am on a "medical leave" from crocheting (facing hand surgery) but I want to help !!!!!

The only way I can at this time is to send a box of things from the list that are not of the crochet nature.

I may not be able to crochet, but the Dr didn't say I can't shop. :lol

I will gather together some of the other items from your list.

Please send me your address so I can ship them.

Thank you.

Good to see about the hotel size shampoo and lotions. I travel a lot and don't use what the hotel gives us. So i will collect all that I can. I do the most traveling in May. So I will have a shipment ready to go in June. I also have some small teddy bears, and a couple of scarves.

I also have some 2 row granny squares. Would you want them too? I don't know if we all sent a few that you could put them together for a blanket or something. If you don't want to mess with it, I totally understand. It can be a big job.

Big Hugs

MJ

Hey! I would love to help! I'll try to get you some stuff by mid may, end of June! are there any particular crochet items or sizes in particular that you feel you should have that you don't already?

Misty

Archived