Crochet me designers on TV!

Donna

A lot of you have probably been reading the Crochet me blog (and other blogs) telling about our exciting trip to LA last week (July 5-8). A group of eight Crochet me designers, including myself, were taping five episodes for a new show, Uncommon Threads, on the DIY Network. It will air in 2006.

It was fabulous and exhilarating to see crochet shown in a modern light that will appeal to a younger audience. I know this has been said so much that it's like beating a dead horse, but crochet has gotten a bad rap of being dowdy, ugly, and not something a fashionable person would want to be seen with. You know I don't think that, but unfortunatey a lot of people do. The tide is turning and we need to keep pushing it in the right direction.

For more details and photos of our fantastic trip, see my blog post here (I'll actually be posting a little more about it in the next few days) and also check the Crochet me blog -- I'll just link you to the month of July, several posts there.

We're not sure exactly when our episodes will air, but as soon as I know I will let all of you know! :c9

:cheer Go crochet! :cheer

Does sound like it was a great trip. We'll be looking forward to seeing the episodes..

That is so cool, Donna! Please keep us informed of the date in 2006! I love DIY and watch it whenever I can.

How exciting!!! Your photos are great. Thanks for sharing them, and for sharing the details of your trip. So glad you had a wonderful time!

That's so awesome! Can't wait to see the show! There are lots of new crochet books releasing at the end of the year, so it looks like the craze is about the hit it big. Yeah! :hook

• 1 month later...

Archived