Music on Blogs - Yes or No?

yarnjeannie

Music on Blogs - Yes or No  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Music on Blogs - Yes or No

• I love reading blogs with background music!
    • I don't like music playing in the background, and close the page.
    • I don't think music adds to or detracts from a blog, so it makes no difference to me.

I love to read blogs - whether they are instructional, provide patterns, or just everyday chit-chat.

Just wondering how people feel about music on blogs. Do you spend time reading blogs that have music playing when you open the page, or does it put you off?

I usually hit the mute button on my keyboard if music starts playing or if the music kicks in before the rest of the page has loaded I just use the back button & don't bother reading the blog.

Wow- so far, no one likes music! Glad I kept my blog music-free! Stop by for a visit! LOL!

I've had a couple of experiences with ear-splitting decibel levels when opening a page on a blog and the music kicks in. That's what made me wonder if I was the only one who wasn't crazy about it.

Adagio voiced my feelings exactly - if I open ANY type of page & it hits me up with automatic music, I'm gone as fast as I can click away from it, no matter how badly I might have initially wanted to see the page....

if someone wants to offer the *option* of music on their page, fine - but have it turned off by default, allowing a visitor their own choice of playing it or not...

I don't like music on blogs and I ALSO don't like excessive animations (snowflakes falling--that kind of thing). It makes a page much slower to load (we don't all have the latest, greatest, and fastest computers).

We don't all have the same taste in music--we may be listening to music of our own choice at the time. I could go on and on. Music on blogs is very unappealing to me. Not quite a pet peeve, but if I think about it too much, it might become one. :lol

Nope, don't like it one bit! And, don't like all the animations either. I have slow connection speed here in the mountains (they don't have any high speed connection options yet), so anything that slows down a page load is annoying. I agree with everything everyone else has had to say about it :yes

I don't like it either. If I go to a page that has music the first thing I try to do is find the button to turn it off. But then if I realize that it is a song I actually like I might leave it on, but it would distract me the whole time I'm on the page, lol. I don't know why I find it so surprising that so far 100% of the people who voted don't like it, but I am surprised.

This is one reason why my computer at work is on mute. (Um, that doesn't work well when you're trying to look busy but are just bored with what you're doing:blush... currently I'm caught up).

I put on a cord for my earphone when I'm not listing to my MP3 or want to listen to a cutsie e-mail (if I decide to).

I don't like excessive animation either. I have a fast computer at work, but it gets in the way of what is important there. Not necessarily simplier is better (although that's mine since I don't want to spend a lot of time on it), but if it's too much, or weird colors (i.e. hard to read) then I usually don't bother.

Debbi

I usually hit the mute button on my keyboard if music starts playing or if the music kicks in before the rest of the page has loaded I just use the back button & don't bother reading the blog.

This is what I do.

I hate music on blogs. Hate it.

I rarely like the song choices. I may be listening to my own music or tv. If it's an older site, like a webpage and not blog, the music is embedded and is a wav file with no way to turn it off. Sometimes the esc button works. It's always a song I don't want to hear and it's fake sounding.

Blogs with the mini radio widgets are a tiny bit better because you usually have the option to turn them off and they sound better.

If you want to listen to music, pop in a CD or listen to your mp3 player of choice. Don't putting it on your website forcing your tastes on me.

Plus there is the whole slowing down the load time thing.

When I was on dial up and had a old computer, sites with music crashed my computer.

Same with too much animation.

I still don't like too much animation; blinkies, gifs, widgets, etc. It looks busy, it's distracting, and it makes a site/blog look amateurish.

A lot of those widgets carry viruses.

That's my two cents. Everyone has different tastes. Your milage may vary.

I don't mind if it's an option, such as Pandora, which you have to click on to voluntarily listen to, but I don't care for blogs or any page with embedded music.

I do not like music on any webpage, be it blog, myspace or anything. I guess it all stems to when I had dialup and it would cause my computer to lock up solid. I would never view a blog or myspace with music sitting on it.

I'm in the definite minority, I really like to hear what music a person puts on their blog. It gives a personalized snippet, and since I am so nosy, I like to hear what other people's taste in music is. Of course, I do like the option of turning it off, especially if I spend a lot of time looking at the site.

I think it mostly depends on what type of music, but i most cases I have to turn the sound off, or leave the page.

I had music on my blog for awhile until I came to the conclusion that everyone probably hits the mute button and won't hear it anyway. It doesn't bother me if a blog I'm reading has music because I usually have the mute button on myself!

I like the music on my blog but then I'm in to the old time rock and roll. I know that I have been to some pages where the music just "screams" and that I don't like.

Archived