Joann's

Debbi-a1

How come no one ever told me:angry. I read about joanns and ads and such... but no one told me there was a lots of yarn there.:crocheting

I went there yesterday after a dr's appointment and found tons of yarn:clap.

I never went because it's a little distance to go there and if it was anything like my Micheals or Walmart then it wouldn't be worth it. But it is soooo worth it. I signed up to get their flyers too.

I walked in and it was huge! Very spacious. I'm sure they could add more to the area but that's fine, it's nice that it's spread out (I think the large fabric area is spaced out so people can work around that area).

I found some sportweight yarn I would need for a new project. Plus there was a ton of sock yarn (I haven't bought any because well it is expensive, plus there wasn't a lot of choices). I didn't even know Red Heart made a sock yarn until I got there. And they make other yarn. I really only knew about Sport, SS, and Soft. And there was different types of yarn too. Most was on sale too. The only thing is that the yarn is spread out all over the bins. RHSS was in about 3 different places. But I can work with that, if I need to. Took me forever to find the yarn I wanted because there was so many choices.

And since the store is so big with lots of choices, I found a cute button to go with my project. I even wondered through the bead section (I like to do bead jewelry, but not as much as crochet of course).

So I'm definately going back.

Debbi

I think the amount and variety of yarns carried by Joanns stores varies from store to store. We have two in the area, and neither one had a lot of yarn the last time I was there. Possibly because both of them are within a half mile of both Michaels and Hobby Lobby. However, I haven't been to either in months so things could have changed.

I think the amount and variety of yarns carried by Joanns stores varies from store to store. We have two in the area, and neither one had a lot of yarn the last time I was there. Possibly because both of them are within a half mile of both Michaels and Hobby Lobby. However, I haven't been to either in months so things could have changed.

I think that's true. When I lived down in SW OKlahoma, our Joann store had a very, very tiny corner of the store devoted to yarn. Most of the time, the bins were not full. They mostly carried Homespun with some RHSS and not much else.

Here in Spokane, the Joann stores I've been in are very well stocked with quite a variety of yarn, so I have no complaints now.

We have a Joann's Superstore here. :D They have a very nice selection of yarn and the fabric section is huge. The Joann's store we had before was so tiny and the yarn section was not worth looking at (sorta like Walmart is now) but the little store closed when the big one opened. Joann's takes all the coupons that Michaels won't so I'm in Joann's with my Michaels, AC Moore, AND Joann's coupons. :) I love the store but I'm still pining for a Hobby Lobby, lol.

I'm with you Craw...I live in RI too and have a great Joann's close to me. It has a huge yarn section. There's a Michaels in the same plaza (their yarn section keeps getting downsized every few months though). Also an AC Moore nearby but I don't go there as often. I love that Joanns takes the other coupons. Enjoy!!

The JoAnn's I go to has a great selection of yarn. The only real complaint I have is that when they have a big sale, they don't do a very good job of re-stocking. They let the bins go completely empty before they bring any more down. One time I had to flag an employee down to get some yarn for me - there were boxes and boxes full on a high shelf above the bins, that I couldn't reach. She had to get a ladder to climb up there and get a couple skeins for me. All the yarn was RIGHT THERE....I guess no one wanted to fool with getting it down and filling the bins. Pretty aggravating!

• 3 months later...

I work for the st. Louis missouri joann's superstore & we have a huge selection of yarn & accessories..... I love our trucks that come in weekly & seeing all the new yarns & items before they hit the shelves.

The web site is not actually run by JoAnn's. They just have permission. So they have many different things there and the prices and sales are not the same. Good source though if your JoAnn's doesn't have what you want. :hook

Archived